Why is my ex so cruel and bitter?

I never treated my ex badly. When we fought I said hurtful things out of anger, but he knew I didn't mean it. Other than that, I cannot think of any other things I could've possibly done wrong in order for him to hate me. On the other hand, he treated me like crap. Not going to lie, when we were together, we were perfect, but when he went back to Virginia, we fought 24/7. (He's in the navy and lives 700 miles away from me) he turned evil. Said hurt things and did hurtful things, so I have many reasons to hate him and want nothing to do with him.. Yeah, I still think of the past and it does affect me, but I would love to be his friend! I still love him, but I know me and him would never work. I have such a big heart and I would be willing to forgive him for the past and let everything go... But every time we talk, he's a complete jerk! He says he hates me and literally calls me every name in the book! It doesn't make sense because he tries telling me he's SO happy without me and he has moved on, but if he was telling the truth, why would he be so cruel and why would he still hold on to the past? If he was moved on, he would have no problem being my friend. If he was moved on, he wouldn't try making me feel guilty and constantly throwing things in my face. Another thing, if he was happy he wouldn't purposely try to hurt me! I could understand if I was horrible to him and cheated, but I didn't. I would just like to know why he is always so cruel to me and why he still holds on to the past and acts as if he's so happy and he has moved on.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Because obviously you hurt him very badly by saying things you don't mean. He must be thinking if there is some truth to them and it must make him mad. You have scarred him for life.

• The most hurtful things I've said were "you're an asshole" or "I hate you" ... That's nothing. Especially when you don't mean it and it's the anger speaking.

• What about intellectual dishonest while bitching, then shaming, then guilting?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going through the exact same. He posts things to purposely hurt me. Rubbed his new 'rebound' in my face & now that I've blocked him on everything he's trying to get to me through his friends.