How do you guys do it? No contact?

I've noticed that usual most guys have an easier time not contacting an ex, or it seems that way, even if they were on really good terms the whole relationship and just had a rough break up. How do guys not miss the girls enough to want to talk to them? My ex was my best friend, how can he not still want to talk to me? He always told me that we would remain friends even after we broke up, but in the heat of the argument, I told him I don't want to be friends. He knows I would never mean it.. I tried to talk to him yesterday and he changed his number... It's only been two days. I gave us both a full day to cool off. How can you just leave like that? We used to talk every day for hours through text and calls or see each other from 9 am till when we slept.. For months. How can that be so easy to walk away from.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• "How do guys not miss the girls enough to want to talk to them?"

We were never that keen on talking to them in the first place, even when things were going well. Talking isn't something we need the way girls seem to need it.

"My ex was my best friend, how can he not still want to talk to me?"
    Because he's your ex. You might as well ask how can YOU not want to sleep with him anymore, since sex seems to function in an equivalent way for guys that talking does for girls.

"in the heat of the argument, I told him I don't want to be friends."
    Ah, there you go. The grenade you lobbed. You knew it all along, didn't you? This is your answer right here.

"He knows I would never mean it"

Bullshit. Guys don't know what you mean, because we're not mind readers. What you SAY, is what we assume you mean, because we say what we mean.

Girls, you need to learn something - you can't throw a nuke into a relationship and expect there to be no consequences. There are no do-overs.

So now you have your answer, like you always had it. You told him you didn't want to be friends. He took that at face value. And yeah, he can walk away from it because talking to you wasn't the most important thing in his life when it came to you.

Now that you've split up, you don't get to hang on to the parts of the relationship you liked.
    If that were the case, most guys would still be fucking their exes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Im in no contact with my ex of 8 years broke up 3 months ago and he always initiates contact even though he has had a new mrs from 1st wk of break up he uses excuses to contact me and lies to her about what is actually happening.. I was hurt badly but I know that no cintact is the best all around i blocked him now on everything so he can't contact me. you ain't gona be able to move on until you stop contact and im sure only a few days he is hurtin and angry with you.. Leave him be and if he loves you he will begin the contact hunny

• Thank you for replying