I was dumped for being "too nice of a person". Is this just a stupid reason or should I actually take this into consideration and change a little bit?

My now ex-boyfriend claimed that he (I specifically quote) needed a girl that "made him feel bad all the time and constantly insulted him". To me, it sounds like he wants a bitch with no social standards whatsoever, so I'm not too torn up about it at the moment. However, I just want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing by completely moving on and not caring about what he thinks of me. He and I are supposedly going to remain as "just friends"...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• From your statement, no, you do not need to change. What he wants in a relationship, as far as how he wants to be treated, is simply his deal, not yours. Personally, I prefer a nice girl over a rude bitch any day of the week. I'm confident most guys would agree. Never change for others. Move on from this. Be you, & find a guy who will appreciate you for who & what you are.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My uncle dumped a girlfriend once because she was too happy. He said he couldn't handle her being happy all the time because "you can't be happy all the time." I think it's a valid reason to dump someone. I think your situation was valid as well.

Does that mean I think you should change? Absolutely not. It just means you need someone who wants someone as nice as you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Some men and women love drama. They enjoy the excitement of fighting all the time. I for one hate drama. I wish I could find a girl that was "too nice". That is the kind of girl I want to marry.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its a bs excuse. There's an underlying reason. Just like when girls say "you're too nice" to guys. What they really mean is that the guy's a pushover who lacks any semblance of a spine and doesn't excite the girl in any capacity. I imagine you're playing the role of the guy here.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's 100% an issue with him, not with you. Don't change because of him. Don't let that nonsense affect you in any way.

0|0
    0|0
  • You cannot be too nice of a person. He has issues.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Some people love drama and love fighting with loved ones

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes