I was dumped for being "too nice of a person". Is this just a stupid reason or should I actually take this into consideration and change a little bit?

My now ex-boyfriend claimed that he (I specifically quote) needed a girl that "made him feel bad all the time and constantly insulted him". To me, it sounds like he wants a bitch with no social standards whatsoever, so I'm not too torn up about it at the moment. However, I just want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing by completely moving on and not caring about what he thinks of me. He and I are supposedly going to remain as "just friends"...

25

Most Helpful Guy

• From your statement, no, you do not need to change. What he wants in a relationship, as far as how he wants to be treated, is simply his deal, not yours. Personally, I prefer a nice girl over a rude bitch any day of the week. I'm confident most guys would agree. Never change for others. Move on from this. Be you, & find a guy who will appreciate you for who & what you are.

Most Helpful Girl

• My uncle dumped a girlfriend once because she was too happy. He said he couldn't handle her being happy all the time because "you can't be happy all the time." I think it's a valid reason to dump someone. I think your situation was valid as well.

Does that mean I think you should change? Absolutely not. It just means you need someone who wants someone as nice as you.