Was I right to end this?

I'm 25 and my girlfriend is 27. My girlfriend is a Pilates instructor and a waitress at Applebees. Now yesterday at 4:20 PM while she was on her lunch break at work. she told me, "Baby I have to get my phone replaced because the screen is cracked and I'll text you from my new phone tonight :)" I never got a text from her. I've tried texting her and no response in one day! I feel angry, neglected, and rejected. So I broke up with her via text message. While I like her a lot, I want a woman who has time for me and she's not it. Did I do the right thing?

I don't get how I'm the bad guy. She doesn't have time for me, therefore I let her go.

56

Most Helpful Guy

• You have probably just shown yourself to be a tool.
    You over-reacted in a big way.
    It was possible that she did not respond because she did not have a functional telephone, or there might have been a problem transferring her contact list to the new telephone. Or any one of a list of other possible problems.
    You did her a favour, I think. A smart girl who had self respect would move on immediately.

• How am I the bad guy? She's the one who decided to stop answering texts. I'm the one who should move on and find a woman who isn't so busy.

• @Asker she may have been unable to answer your texts because she might not have received them because she did not have a functional telephone. You should also stop being so needy and narcissistic by demanding to be the centre of attention of a girl's life. That gets old really fast.

• Not hearing from the woman who supposedly claims she likes you gets old fast.

What Girls Said 5

• wow that is extremely shallow.. have you considered the factors as to why? you can't just assume that she doesn't like you just because she doesn't have time for you, what the hell is that way of thinking, loving someone doesn't mean giving/demanding attention to/from them on a constant basis, if you're too conscious over a lack of attention then you're definitely not supposed to be in a relationship.

if you can't think of the factors i'll give a couple, being busy (yes we can be too damn busy sometimes), having technical difficulties (like the new phone doesn't work or she's having a problem with her service provider) or she's in an area with terrible/no signal

• You couldn't wait a bit longer? There could have been complications. What if she got rid of her phone, but something happened when she was getting her new one? I wouldn't have been so hasty.

• Uh. Did you find out WHY she didn't answer.

If you broke up with her without even talking to her then you shouldn't be in relationships, because they aren't gonna' last. The number one key is communication. She was probably busy and forgot, who cares? It's not that big of a deal. Don't be so pushy.

• You're never too busy for someone you like. If she can't even text me back one time, then she doesn't like me. I need to find a woman who does.

• UH. On the contrary. My boyfriend and I are gamers. And if I'm in the middle of scoring ladder points in the middle of a fucking game to reach god ranked I am NOT going to text him LMAO. And he understands that. She can love you to death but her world will not completely revolve around you, and she's not going to stop a family dinner to text you at the table.

Just be more understanding, dude. Like, it's not that serious. It's just a text.

• Have you spoken to her about it? There's probably a reasonable explanation for it

• She said she was going to text from her new phone yesterday. After that, I've reaching out to her. Nothing...

• I think you defentely overreacted!
    & there could be many reasons why she didn't respond you right away.

• I don't think I did.

• So why are you asking?

What Guys Said 5

• Wow you are crazy 1 day, I haven't heard from the girl Im trying to date in over a week since she is busy with school. Get a grip man what are you 5?

• You and me are different. If I don't hear from a girl after at least 24 hours, she ain't interested and it's time to move on.

• 24 hours is crazy what if she had stuff going on or lost / broke her phone. You are going to be single for a long time if you are looking for someone who messages you every 24 hours. Hell I bet you couldnt find many married couples that haven't missed a few days. I feel like you are being really paranoid. Just because a women is not stocking you doesn't mean she lost interest. Just like you said me and you are different well take your own advice you and this girl are different and to her 24 hours is not a big deal. But it doesn't mean she lost interest. She might love you to death but she just is not a person who is big into talking every day.

• That was Shallow. Clingy. Over-reacting. And just general foolishness, I hope she finds better than you.

• Broke up bcoz no contact for few hours !!

• Funny how no one is on your side cause you obviously over reacted

• I'm actually happy for the girl that she was dumped by you. You, sir, are the ultimate clingy guy.