What's an appropriate amount of time to wait to ask a woman out?

She was engaged, but they broke up a month ago. What is an appropriate time to wait to ask her out?
I asked her out today. The date won't be until early January. I'm really hoping i didn't jump the gun. I didn't want to miss my chance, she's amazing. But I wonder if she will be ready?

Would like some more female input on this.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Nice... now you just gotta take it slow when it becomes a regular thing, she's probably still doing cartwheels in her head and some trust issues. Those things take time. Why Jan though? people traveling and all?

• There's an event called first Friday . She would as love it. But as the name implies, it's only once a month. We talk a couple of times a week, and I thought that extra month would give her a little more time and me still be in the picture.

• I didn't know about the event... but i noticed what you did with the extra time thing. thats why i said nice. Killing two with one stone. maybe three.

• thanks for the vote... im a little curious why you didn't ask what the third stone was but oh well.. im sure you figured it out.