Should I be worried, my girlfriend of 1 month tried to dump me yesterday because she is in a "bad place", were still together but I have my guard up?

Tbh it's ridiculous that i'm even writing this question out tbh, i have literally only been with this girl for a month. Anyway quick backstory, she has just come out of an abusive relationship, like literally she dumped the guy because he was controlling and used to hit her. She's liked me for like 6 months, but nothing ever happened because she had a bf and i had a gf so we didn't really speak it was only when she broke up with this guy that we began speaking. We moved pretty fast i mean she said she loves me after a week of offically going out, she tells everyone about me introduced me to her mum posts me all over everything she has Facebook etc, so i can tell her feelings are genuine.

The situation yesterday occured because the night before, a girl apparently gave her a dirty look, i do not even pick up on these things me and her friend both had no idea what was happening or what the girl did, the girl gave me a hug goodbye, which i think angered my girlfriend.

Next day she says she has doubts about me as i'm too nice, as i didn't step in and put the girl in her place for offending my her eventhough i didn't know what the girl did to offend her in the first place. She said she had doubts that she doesn't want to be the man in the relationship and i'm too nice to people.

That got me seriously angry i mean i told her she should know if the girl said anything bad to her i would have stepped in i even told her afterwards what did she say do you want me to go talk to her and she said i should leave it.

She then says, she has jealously and anger issues that's she's putting on me, hasn't let all the anger from her ex relationship out yet, and maybe she isn't ready for a relationship as she is suffering from depression and is scared of hurting me. Said no guy has ever been as good to her as me and she's scared of messing up our relationship, we spoke we kissed and made up still together, but the fact she contemplated dumping me bothers me, am i wrong?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• She was in an abusive relationship before you. Because of this she has come to you in pieces and she is hurt and angry. She most likely has trust issues and maybe some commitment fears. All in all, she has some baggage.
    You’ve been with her for a month. It is not only a month, a lot can happen in just one month. She seems to believe that she loves you. Do you love her? It’s not crazy if so.
    It is possible though that she is with you to clean up her mess. She sees you as a way to fill this void in her heart that she has from her previous relationship. She may not be aware of this though, so be offended and think that she is ‘using’ you. If this is true, then it is most likely something in her subconscious. Our minds will make us believe/do anything to help try and heal our hearts or fill a space or longing that we have.
    She’s confused. She is angry at her ex, she is hurt by his actions and words. Her ex made her feel worthless and she isn’t confident anymore. She’s broken. She feels like you’re too good for her and doesn’t believe she deserves you because of how good to her you are. She most likely also believes you deserve better than her. She thinks that because of this, she should dump you to free you.
    She also feels like she needs to deal with all of her baggage before continuing on in the dating the life. This is perfectly understandable. But it doesn't mean she has to deal with it without you. I think you need to get her a therapist or a councilor. I know you guys may not want this, but trust me, it is for the best and WILL help. It will strengthen her spirit and help her become happier and realize her self worth and will make her confront her past and teach her how to deal with it. She’ll need you by her side as she is going through this as well, and this process will strengthen your guys’ relationship. You can even attend therapy sessions with her so she feels more comfortable and safe.

• You aren’t wrong to be bothered by her attempt to break up with you. This has you on edge now because you wonder if she’ll try again. This is okay and happens with others as well. But you guys do need to trust each other. You guys need to communicate on all of this and like I said before, get her some help before matters get worse.

• Okay well this can be a very confusing matter. Alright. Like I said, I understand why you have a wall up. Your last relationship really hurt you because the girl kept breaking it off. So your past hurts are now affecting you in your current relationship. I understand why your wall is up. But it shouldn’t be up. Because for there to be a wall up indicates that you don’t completely trust this girl, which obviously you do not. In order for a relationship to work, there has to be that trust. If this girl REALLY loves you, she’ll listen to you and will not break up with you. With your wall up, you cannot fully give her your heart and you cannot fully commit yourself to her. With your wall down, yes you’re taking a risk and a chance, but like I said, she seems to REALLY love you. And because of that, as long as you communicate to her about your fears of her leaving you and about why you fear her leaving you, then she should understand and will not leave you or hurt you intentionally. So yes,

• communicating definitely makes you vulnerable, but relationships need communication, trust, and yes, vulnerability to work. While those three things may seem scary, the end result will most likely not be. These three things bring you two closer and you two become more intimate and tied together. So you should let the wall down, just take a leap of faith, and communicate with her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe it's the remnants of the abusive relationship, but she has some interesting mood changes there. It sounds vaguely bipolar or BPD the way she is angry at you for being nice, and then tells you how nobody's ever been so nice to her before, and then wants away from you because she is scared of hurting you, but she loves you and doesn't want to mess it up, but you didn't stand up for her!

I don't see this lasting, the pendulum will swing too far one day and she'll end it and it'll be your fault, and she'll probably be back not long after acting like nothing happened and everything's fine again.

• I don't want to generalise by why are girls so complicated, well the one's i have found i'm sure there are some straightfoward simple girls out there. But it's like my last ex was one of the most borderline bipolar confusing women i've ever met, i meet this one everything is going amazingly well then she throws this curveball at me.

Do you think that she is not over her ex, i mean i don't think she has any feelings for him anymore but i guess it does take time to let go of the anger and hurt because it took me a while after i broke up with my ex. A couple months before i was completely fine and over it, With her she broke up with him and a couple days later, she was inviting me out with her we were spending every night together having sex etc bare in mind we had been friends for a solid month before this though just friends and nothing else. But maybe she needed time, you can't jump from a relationship into another, i guess that's a recipe for disaster

• Yeah that's the thing thing's happened really quickly, i did think possible rebound but she reassured me that her last ex was abusvie and she had liked me from like 6 months prior when we first intially met she told everyone she liked me but i had a gf at the time so nothing happened, i only found all this out when we started speaking and then eventually got together. I thought as she liked me and chased me i mean it wasn't really me pursuing her it was her inviting me out trying to talk to me all the time, so i thought she must genuinely like me as she put in a lot of effort to get me. I just thought her last ex was abusive and i'm a nice loyal guy so she just met a nice guy finally so that's why she moved so fast.

What should i do now in your opinion though? Should i continue in the relationship with my guard up like i am now, should i end it, should i talk to her more about it, were kinda over this situation now but as you can see it's still on my mind as i'm posting this.

• It's hard to call. I'd be worried that she is vulnerable and being dumped will feel like total abandonment by someone she clearly thinks is a good person. I'd proceed with caution for now.