How can I put all of this behind me? My cheating ex gf of 3 years. Left me for another guy and I just can't seem to get back up on my feet again?

Its been 6 months since we broke up. And 4 months since we last spoke, she cheated on me before and i forgave her for it but also i was scared to lose her and i had problems trust her, she lied a lot and hid things from me and that turned me into a person i didn't want to be i accussed her a lot and i didn't want her talking to guys or having their numbers, i didn't have it in my heart to break up with her but for 3 years this went on.

This yr she left me and lied to me about another guy , she hid the text mag from him and i found the message and i didn't kbow what to think. She was the one who wanted me to trust her but lie to me about things, i trusted her, but in the end she ended up with the guy she was texting from her school. The same we wk she broke up with me she started messing with him. And 3 wks got with him, and now. I begged her for 2 months straight actually i left her alone for couple wks in those 2 months and i cried apologized too het and told her i would change and i want us to do better , she didn't know that i know that she was messing with the guy but she was denying feelings and being with him,

It bothers me so much that after everything i sacrificed for her, friends and basketball for the relationship, and i forgave her 3 years ago for cheating, that she would turn her back on me. She told her family and evetyone lies about why she broke up with me and make it seem like she is the victim, she said she broke up with me because i didn't trust her and i was insecure. And she

She claim that i didn't treat her right but i did a lot for her, at this age 17 i did so much for her, i had her back all the time for the past 3 years ever since she moved she changed abd did this too me, i just can't get my head around it, I've been feeling better for the past 4 months of nc but i can't help but check up ob her and then i feel hurt all over again i feel the pain.
I feel so lonely now, i have no one to talk too and im shy in school and dont really talk to anyone, i feel broken, i lost my passion for basketball and i quit playing

I hurts me everynight, sometimes i dream about her and i wake up crying. I can't get over the betrayal, i can't even get my self to talk to other girls bc im scarred and im not attracted to most girls i see, i can't get my self out of this phase,

50

Most Helpful Girl

• That's incredibly shitty of her to abuse your kindness and love after you found a way to forgive her. It's so hard to say any one thing that will help and sadly time is the main healer here.

Try hard not to look at old photos, in fact, if you have a lot then delete the majority and keep just a few special ones. If you're friends on Facebook, unfriend her. Delete all your texts and then her number. Return any last things of hers you may have (via someone else). If you haven't already done all this then it may be a good process to go through.

• Thing is when i found out that she was messing with the the guy she was lying to me about, i deleted her number and pictures of us and she deleted me from fb and block me and unblock me but i deleted my fb and havnt been back on it but i made a fake one. I saved screeen shots of everything that happen and every couple wks i look at them it kinda keeps me from contacting her bc sometimes i just crave to hear her voice again and i have to remind my self what the hell she did too me and i feel bitter again and i back off from contacting her, but I don't know how to. stop this, i want to have friends again and i want to talk to girls but i feel bad and guilty for some reason although i didn't do anything, wromg

• Sounds to me like you feel guilty about moving on from the relationship because you still think it was good. Or at least better than what you're going through now. Do you think maybe that by keeping those images and reminding yourself of the deceit that you might not be allowing yourself to let go and move on? Part of moving on is also letting go of negative feelings.