Being vulnerable.. Good decision or bad?

I was dating a man for 6 months who told me we were in a exclusive relationship and I was his gf but would never tell his friends or family about me. Nor would he meet mine. I tried several times to break up with him only to have him promise me he would. It never happened and out of the blue he called me and said it was over with the "it's not you it's me" excuse. It was over the phone and I was devastated. I tried opening up my feelings to him texting and emailing only to have him tell me to stop because it showed I had no class and was a desperate bimbo. I was crushed yet again by all I revealed to him and he didn't have the decency to respect my feelings. Is this a guy I should ever hope to win back. He's been out there 16 years and finds the problem is always the women.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• That's the typical cowards way of getting out of an unwanted relationship "it's not you, it's me". Since you've already opened up to him, it's best you leave with your dignity and learn from this. There were obviously red flags and you wanted to see past those.
    Don't be surprised if soon down the line he reaches out to you, but be strong and you'll be able to think much clearly. People like him are extreme disappointments

What Guys Said 2

• He's the problem not you. He doesn't not want to settle down. He wants a fuck buddy not a girlfriend. Forget him and find someone better.

• What hurt me so bad was now he says he's looking for his soul mate. I feel so used and I was so kind and patient waiting for him. Now he's going to make some other woman the prize but I've a feeling it will be like "Let's Make A Deal" and when she pics door #3 all she's going to get is a lifetimes worth of dog food. You need to have a soul in order to mate it. I'm just so hurt with how he spoke to me. But tnx for your comment.

• I'm only vulnerable to people who really ran the fuckin' gauntlet and bled with me throughout life.

Outside of that, people ain't gonna see shit.

What Girls Said 2

• HOPE to win him back? You should hope you never cross paths again with such a worthless human being. He is obviously a huge asshole and totally not worth your time (and by the sounds of it, nobody else's time either). Please delete his number, block him wherever you can, and try to stop wasting your precious thoughts on such a worthless man.

• Valid point... Each day things are getting clearer for me. I made yet another mistake and left him a voicemail and text last night and still no reply from him. He seems to be online constantly these days on the dating site I found him on. Your comment was heard though and thank you.

• It will hurt a little less each day, but it will take a while for it to not hurt anymore. But remember that each time you message him, he sits there with his stupid smug face feeling like he's awesome. Don't give him that. The best you can do is be awesome and live your life.

• maybe he was secretly married. he was definetly hiding something and ended it abrubtly to avoid getting caught.