Dumped me, changed his mind, was weird again, ignores me now?

Exactly a week ago my boyfriend/ex-boyfriend was acting weird and when I insisted on knowing what was wrong he ended up dumping me. An hour later he changed his mind but continued to act strangely. He told me he is confused and needs to clear his head.

A couple of nights ago I lost it a bit since I'm getting tired of this hot and cold treatment. I told him he needs to finally snap out of this indecisiveness because it isn't exactly fair to put me through. Frankly, I don't see why it's so hard to decide whether you want to continue a relationship or not.

He sent me a long message the next morning saying what bothers him. Most of it was silly. We have "no common grounds", for example. This is a complete lie and it seems like a lame excuse. Either way, at first I ignored that message because it seemed pretty insane and I just didn't feel like dealing with it. Last night I talked to him and asked him about several of the things he had written and wanted him to elaborate. However, he downplayed the whole thing. I let it go, mainly because for once I enjoyed the fact he seemed to be "normal", but was planning to talk about it in a day or two.

Today he ignored me until late afternoon when I messaged him. He was curt which I found confusing because the last time we had spoken he was back to normal. He then said "I don't think you've thought about the things I've written". Um hello? I have, and I even pulled up the message when I spoke to him last night and asked about several points. But he completely refused to talk about it and acted like it wasn't important.

He's been ignoring me since (6 pm). It's past 2 am now; I can't sleep because he's never just ignored me. He has never gone to bed without sending me a message. He hasn't even read my messages.

I feel like he's a different person and in a way, it's scary. It's like he's lost his mind. I'm trying to resist the urge to message him but it's so confusing and hurtful.

What should I do?

10