How long did it take your ex boyfriend to realize he wants you back after he dumped you?

Let me know by selecting one of the options!

• 1-4 months
  • 5-8 months
  • 9-12 months
    Vote C
  • Over a year (you can specify how long)
    Vote D

71

Most Helpful Girl

• It took about 5-8 months to realize that he wanted me back. I stopped talking to him for 5 months and then he came back to me and said he loved me. I thought he wanted me back but it didn't take long to realize that he was a player and a cheater. He left me and broke up with me right out of the blue. So after he broke with me I cut off ll contact with him, and its been 9 months. I think I just thought I was in love. I should've kept on walking when he said my name and then he tried to hug me. I should've said get off of me and don't touch me but I didn't. It took me a while to realize that he and i broke up for good. Because he flirts with other women, he's a player, and he cheated on me. He doesn't really know what he wants. I know what I want finally. We met in middle school (6th grade) and dated for approximately 5 years. He and I just make awkward eye contact that's all it is, but we don't talk at all. He says hi to me in the hallways but I say nothing back I act like I don't here him. Plus, why should I give him the time of day. We he sat there and tried me like dirt.

What Guys Said 1

• I've never realized I wanted an ex back. when it's over it's over when I dump a girl im done then I go out and get laid and screw around until I find the next girl I want to date

What Girls Said 6

• Actually, I dumped both of my exes. And it took about a few weeks for the first one to want me back. But then he gets new girlfriends, and breaks up with them and then asks to be with me again. Rinse and repeat this cycle. But I keep telling him, that he lost his chance. It's been 3yrs since we last dated. THREE YEARS and he still asks for me back. :/

My most recent ex, it has been a few months. And he begged me back like a few days afterwards. He still asks me to this day too. Unfortunately, I can only block his number. I cannot change my number yet because I applied to this job I really want, and I put that number. I applied to a few jobs, but one in particular I really want. So I don't wanna jeopardize it.

• About 6 months for him to develop feelings and another month after that to decide to get back together.

• bahaha yeah about 2 months, initially after he was all over town trying to get laid with no luck, realized his loss.

www.personal.psu.edu/.../breakup.jpg

• switch the top two pictures and change the pics on the right to guys and the ones on the left to girls and you'll have what actually happens

• happened exactly like this for me (in reality though it can go both ways im not naive just awesome)

• i have one ex who still calls me 10 years later of course i dont answer and always avoided his calls, but it shows im just awesome

• A day :) because we got so used to each other.. plus he and i couldnt imagine being without each other :)

• My high school boyfriend dumped me before he went to college. Fast Forward 4 1/2 years later and he wants me back. It all started on Monday he knows I'm coming home for Christmas break and he wants to together.

• Woah 4 years.. I guess its true that men a, ways come back no matter how long

• it has nothing to do with ego. he's just getting a little on the side. whoever this guy is. *applause!*

• he's trying to get some, but he won't get any from me.

• He wanted me for sex after ten days. I was dating other guys, but for some unknown reason, they were all taking their time to make a move. After 2.5 weeks I knew the exbf wanted me to agree to be exclusive again. I dragged it out, but when were about to see his parents, he asked me to be his girlfriend again. Hmm Sex with the ex should be a relationship status on FB