Ladies and Gentelman: thoughts on my last break up? We dated for 2 years and broke up a year ago. Just venting for some reason?

We were at a show one night. When the show was coming to an end she got invited to a party at her friend Mikes house. I didn't want to go so I went home. The next morning she texted me distressed. She was saying how ill "never forgive her". I asked if she cheated on me, she said no. All was she was saying was she fucked up by sleeping at Mikes. I was trying to piece together how in any way I'd be angry at her for that. We agreed to meet the next day and talk. My approach was "you slept at Mikes house. I guess this is weird but but nothing happened so let's move on from this." She insisted we break up. I was heart broken, and we agreed to establish "a break."

In the following days I saw her and the bass player of Mikes band talking all over social media. His name is "Andy" and they met at the party. They were flirting and hanging out. I'll never know for sure if she physically cheated that night, but it's clear she did emotionally. I was disoriented and refused to let myself believe that. I was sure there was hope for us.

We spent the month in relationship limbo. Back and forth between her loving me one day, and wanted nothing to do with me the next. It was exhausting and confusing. It hurt to wake up in the morning.

At some point between our fluctuating status, she officially called it off. The very next day there was a show in the city. One of my favorite bands, so I had something to look forward to. However, my ex was at the show -one day after we broke up, with a new boyfriend - A TOTALLY different guy than the one she initially met at that party. I was mind fucked at this point.

Now I was officially over her the idea of her (finally, right?) The feelings were still there, but the idea of her as a girlfriend was completely stripped from my mind. I pressed on and focused all my energy to my career, and to establishing new powerful relationships with friends/family. All of which put me back together. To this day she still tries to contact me.

11