Why does silence work so well with men?

Why does it seem like when I take part in an argument with my ex, I get negitive responses. I get rudeness, accusations, and hurtful words. However, when I decide not to engage and give the 100% silent treatment, I get I love you, I miss you, we are meant to be.

Is this manipulation or some type of male phenomenon?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• This is not a male phenomenon, for not all male are like this. Simply put, it sounds like your ex is playing mind games with you. He sounds immature, and definitely has no respect for you.

What I don't understand is why you are paying any attention to him? He must be an ex for a reason? By engaging him, you are being an enabler to his behavior towards you.

I think you should ignore him and move on. In my experience, at the level you guys are at, it will be very difficult to turn things around and improve the relationship.

• That is exactly right. I may need to just change my number or something.

• Thanks for the MHO Hiitsmejen. You are aweome!

• Defiantly welcome.. thanks for the sobering advice.