Ladies, what's the fastest way to move on from a breakup?

How long should you take to mourn the relationship?
What's your go-to post-breakup regimen? ex. Ben and Jerry's, First Wives Club, gymming for a crazy hot beach body (its summer down under)?
And how long is an 'acceptable' amount of time to move on with someone else?

Mine was a clean break. I'd say 'mutual', but in all honesty, I was dumped and it hurt haha. We're no longer in contact with each other and I don't intend to get in touch with him again any time soon.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Basically you are already on the right path, I say a rebound is not the right approach. What if you actually fall for the new guy or girl, and if your not ready then your leading the person on, but if you are ready to go back out there and date them go for it. You seem to know what you want, go get what you want and forget about the ex drama.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My post break up regimen includes : going to the gym to look and feel good, making sure I look good every morning before I head out the door, doing facials at home when I come back, hanging out with close friends. A. k. a just taking care of myself better.

5|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• If the relationship lasted less than a year, then at most it would be healthy to stay out of relationship for about a month. It will be difficult but it will be healthy. For deeper relationship, at least 3 month. Do remember that all these "rest period" must be without contact with your ex if possible.

There is no exact time frame, but at least that would be healthy. Rebound relationships rarely ends up well and usually adds to your hurt in the long run. It will be easier to find distractions elsewhere, friends, family, work (not too much on this one), arts, do things that are productive and could keep your mind occupied. Bear in mind that keeping your mind occupied is not that easy, getting off a relationship takes several phase, you need to go through each thoroughly. Acknowledging that you are hurt is the first step. Afterwards you will have to try to look at the relationship as objectively as possible and know that you two had a great run. I can remember my past relationships fondly (but I no longer have contacts with most of my exes, it is easier to just let them go from my reality, the memories are much friendlier).

Hope that helps.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh, I do agree with most of the opinions, rebound is the fastest. Not the healthiest though, I assure you.

• Finding someone new to give your focus to. There's a reason Rebound relationships exist.

0|0
    0|0
  • do wht you like

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut the dude's piece off and frame it on the wall, crack open the wine, toast to it as the ball broil away on the stove!

0|2
    0|0
  • Find new boyfriend as soon as possible.
    Do work which you like the most.
    Watch movies all the day.
    Playing game all the day.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Honestly the best way is to let yourself feel the pain. It's okay to be sad it's okay to cry. But five yourself time to be sad but know that after that you need to get back up and be strong. Go to the gym , I know that helped me a lot and made me feel great about myself , go shopping get a haircut and take care of yourself. In order to really heal you need to feel the pain and than get back up !

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say just focusing on yourself is the best way. My 6 and half year relationship ended last year and it took me much longer to start feeling better again than I thought. I did rebound and meaningless hook ups, all of which just made me feel worse. Just do stuff that u always wanted to do and remember that you're amazing on your own. Good luck 😃

0|0
    0|0
  • We all get dumped a couple of times. When you're ready and feel confident about yourself. There is no specific time period at all. When ever you ready. Just never drag your old relationship baggage into a new relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ben and Jerry's. It really heals the broken heart. Well that's for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a fan of the rebound...

0|0
    0|0
  • eat and live life!

0|0
    0|0
  • Get another boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't worry about the time, you kind of feel it in your heart when you are ready to move on again. I'm sorry you are in pain :/ I found working out till my physical body was so exhausted helped me. I was so sleepy all the time, I didn't have time to worry about my lover.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes