I could explode right now?

I've been with my long distance boyfriend for 1.5 years. For the last week, he has been unsure and today, while I was out, he dumped me in a message saying how he doesn't see a future. Now he doesn't even check messages anymore.

Really, what kind of coward asshole dumps someone in a message and doesn't even have the guts to speak about it?

I believe I am entitled to some sort of conversation and closure.

I am so pissed off right now because I don't believe how you treat people. You can't just send a damn message like that and then run.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, he CAN... but he shouldn't have. He's an immature little boy to dump you via text. I understand not doing it face to face if you live a REALLY long distance away, because you can't always drive hours just to break up, but It's beyond contemptible. But... you know know what a doofus he is. Don't waste your time. Yes, you DESERVE closure. You DESERVE to be respected, but you weren't. And you wasting any more time on this little boy is pointless. He's playing his games and you're better off leaving him behind.

Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
    • We used to talk on Google every night and I think he could have done it then. But he chose to send a message when he knew I was out – and then he made himself unavailable. It is 7 am here now, he dumped me in the early afternoon. He hasn't read any messages since. I am not going to attempt to get in touch with him again. I am disappointed that he's become this immature. Dumping someone is one thing, but doing it like an asshole is another.

Most Helpful Girl

• That is so horrible, especially considering how long you two have been dating. I'm really sorry that happened to you. But I think you're better off without someone who treats people that way.

0|0
    0|0
    • This is true. It's just so shocking because he was always so very caring and up until a week ago, we were so happy. None of my friends can believe he did this. It's like he's a different person. If I had seen this coming, it wouldn't be SUCH a shock. I need to someone get over this, and soon.

• That's so insane. And I know people truly should be entitled to an explanation, but most of us never get even that much. Some people really such :[

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Yes, he is being immature, a real man would talk things over
    before making some irrational decisions on the relationship
    yes your entitled to explanation on why he did what he did
    to break up over a message is really childish, you need to
    give this guy a second thought for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • heey! i closed this tab then realized it was my duty to offer something of his defense! About dumping you in message, it may be that he would choke other wise, or cry too much to be able to get the words out. maybe its just that he couldn't do it. I only defend him because i told my gf we couldn't have sex in message, if it wasn't in message then i wouldn't be able to say it, not to be cowardly, just the only way i could actually say it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess I don't mind so much about it having been a message, but about his refusal to speak to me about it now that the message was sent.

• You're not mad that he's gone with a flash. Your mad that you wasted a year and a half on a total idiot that you can never get back. That's why you need to have discernment and character assessment abilities.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't explode! ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

s3-ec.buzzfed.com/.../...inal-443-1391100579-8.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey people do that, it's cowardly my ex wanted to quit over text, I said no in person then she came on down. Still didint get any closure smh

0|0
    0|0
  • you're right. you have the right to get closure you are satisfied with. call him up. demand it. don't let him get away that easy.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've tried to call him for the last two hours. He doesn't answer his phone. He did say he needs "space" but I feel like he can get his space once I got my closure.

• Show All
    • I had some alcohol and will probably go to bed very soon. I don't want to get other people involved into this. I am considering deleting his number and the app we use for messages and just move on asap. Maybe it's the best. If this is what he chose, then so be it.

• hey whatever terms you come too as long as you're good with them then that's all that matters.

• Yeah that dude is a coward... do your best to cleanse yourself about thinking about him, and move on. :-D

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel a bit better now. I've been sitting here thinking about things for the past two hours that I've been home, and I think I shouldn't even talk to someone like him anymore. It's doubtful that someone with an attitude like that will be able to have a decent conversation anyway. Right now I feel like just walking away from it all and even if he contacts me not respond. He always checks his messages all the time, so I know he does it on purpose and the fact he can be so cruel means that I'm better off without him. It'll hurt for a while but such is life.

• If you are in any kind of committed/serious relationship with someone, & you want to end it, it's the right thing to do to talk to your significant other face to face.

Sending a text & just leaving it at that is a bitch move. A real man or woman does it in person, talks it out, & leaves a sense of closure without any lingering questions. Leaving someone as suddenly as he did can leave a lot of questions for you.

That's not fair to leave a relationship like that & leave the other person wondering what happened.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's exactly how I feel. Obviously this talk is never easy, but if I decide to end things with someone, I always want to do it with as much respect as possible and want to give them a chance to ask questions.

• I broke up with a girl I was with for 4 years. It was so hard to do it face to face. But if I was with her for that long I obviously cared for her & she deserved to be able to ask me anything she wanted to make something hard as easy as I can.

• Yes, he did it a shitty way, but you got your closure. He broke up with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like you chose your men well. :3

0|0
    0|0
    • Seriously, it's impossible to tell. This guy has been normal and very sweet up until a week ago. It sucks when you feel like someone's actually a decent human being and then out of the blue they change completely.

• Show All
    • It definitely began a long time ago, but I believe he should have said something instead of bottling it up and then erupting like a volcano. We had no significant fights, we were planning for me to move in the next few months, he was just here less than a month ago. There was no way of knowing for me. I'm not very naive, and I really did not notice. Even now that I think back there were no signs.

• There are rarely signs of what is going on in others. That is reality.

• its over. move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • NOW GO FUCK HIS BEST FRIEND!

0|0
    0|0
  • Life's a bitch. Get over it. You're not entitled to anything.

0|0
    0|0
    • You're probably the kind of guy who would do that sort of thing. That is, if anyone would date you :D

• Show All
    • Well, I'm very sensitive at the moment. I do disagree though about not being entitled to anything. Up until a week ago he told me he loved me and wanted me to move. Then out of nowhere he changed completely. And I think that after 1.5 years he should talk to me about it and not just send a short message. It's what I'd do if I decided to end it.

• Yeah but life's a bitch!! He's wrong in doing this to you, but you need to accept it and move on. I know it feels "bad" but oh well, what can you do except feel this way or look pathetic and plead?

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. That is pretty low! Looks like you escaped life with a total dick head, that's the upside :)

1|0
    0|0
    • It's what my sister said as well. I was out with her when I got the message.

Recommended myTakes