Does it feel like losers are harder to get over than nice guys?

So, every nice guy I've ever been with, has been easy to get over once its over. For whatever reason this current breakup, with a total loser, is gutting me. Any rational reason?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes because losers fuck your innards up with their stupid shit.

What Guys Said 6

• I think it has to do with more about expectations. If you felt like this was the one, you will be more emotionally invested. So when the relationship fails, you will feel let down and it's more difficult to get over. It is like many things. If you had high expectations of a new job, then get fired. Or if you think you sports team has a real chance of wining the Super Bowl or World Series and they don't you will feel really let down in both cases. But if from the beginning you knew it was going to work out, you could see a break up going to happen and you could mentally and emotionally prepare for it. When you keep hoping he will change and he doesn't, it will be harder to get over.

To me the question is, you are a very pretty woman, why are you letting the nice guys get away and trying to make it work with the loser?

• Because of my low self esteem. Im also not a real peach. I tend to be a bit on the lush side. Lol.

• lol. I wouldn't take every ones opinion on the internet to heart. The good news is that reading crazy funny comments helps keep your mind off things.

• I agree with you. We have a lot to learn from this world. I am a very curious person as well

• Yes they are, because of the emotional turmoil they ensue.

Ironically, emotional responses is PIVOTAL for female attraction... these loser guys just abuse it. Good guys use it in moderation just to land and keep the girl.

• that is interesting. I suppose you just felt more for those people that are harder to get over. I don't see any other explanation

• Could be. I also wonder if this person has fucked up my self esteem.

• Do you tend to invest more in this loser than the nice guys?

• Possibly a fix em instinct. But its not intentional. Im just a nurturing person

• If this isn't proof that nice guys are extremely expendable to girls, I don't know what is.

• No, I dont mean I break up with guys BECAUSE they're nice. I just mean that when its over for whatever reason, its just harder to get over the douche canoes. I think its because the jerks make you feel like there's something wrong with you

• Just be sure not to make the same mistakes ;-)

• Gotcha

• Maybe what you call losers are in reality narcissists. Narcissists suck the life out of you.

• Do you think people are inclined to chose more than one narcissist? In other words, are attracted to or attract narcissist more often?

• Hmmmm I wonder if I become a lesbian, if I will seek out a narcissist female. Lol

• I have no idea about lesbians.

What Girls Said 1

• Its becuz our brain works the other way,,, when u date a nice guy and dump him, its kind of easy becuz u get bored of him, unlike a loser,, he plays mind games and makes u chase him around and its harder to get over becuz u have a feeling u won't find someone like him altho he does all those bad things, its kinda complicated to explain, and i just broke up with a total loser too, he was a player i hate him so fucking much. I wanna know the answer too, becuz its been like 4 and a half months and i haven't gotten over him yet

• Yeah, like how dare he fuck with me !