How long did it take you to get over a first love?

I have bad news. My gf of 3 months just dumped me two days ago over the phone. I'll be spending one of the saddest Christmas ever. Her explanation is that the relationship is getting serious that she's freaked out and doesn't know what she wants, that she wants to date others and kept saying ''It's not you, it's me, but you understand don't you''.

I understand nothing. We've known each other since our junior year of HS (now I'm 23) but were friends back then. It was nothing until 3 months ago that we dating exclusively (but we were already spending lots of quality time even before that so I already had strong feelings) and got fully intimate last month.

She was my first love and the only one that I've ever open up to both emotionally and physically. It takes me a while to open up. I don't even like sharing my secrets with anyone. Now it feels like time wasted I'll never get back.

81

Most Helpful Girl

• The time immediately after a breakup is the worst because you feel like you'll never find anyone else like your ex. In time though you'll get over her and find someone special. Just keep very busy and don't have any contact with her and that will speed up your process of getting over her.