If a guy misses me does that mean he wants me back?

My ex broke up with me 4 months ago and we didn't talk for months but lately he's been texting me saying "how are you doing?" Or "how was your basketball game tonight?" It's clear that he misses me but does that mean he wants me back?

34

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• Understandably, young lady you want to hear 'yes he does' and who doesn't want to hear that but know one thing, missing someone is a completely different thing from wanting them back.

Break up could be for a reason that he / she couldn't get along with the other person, while they got along in first place cause there are certain things they liked about the other person.

When someone misses the other it's for the latter but the former IF being the reason for breaking up then he/she may not want the other person back but just the good moments :)

Reason why I sound harsh and ruthless is to keep always abreast of possible situations and facts so that one doesn't nurse expectations based on hopes but relies on some prudent investigation and inferences :)

• I don't know. Who cares? If he really wanted you back, he'd get back with you. He probably just misses his booty call.

• Not necessarily, or at least not practically. Some people don't realize the idea of being with someone is better than the reality!

What Girls Said 3

• Just because someone misses you doesn't mean that they want you back. Maybe he does but you need to spend a little time with him to work this out.

• Not necessarily, I have told my ex that I miss him before. Not necessarily the relationship but just some aspects of it or he reminds me of good memories from the time we were together. You know him better than us so only you can figure this out. I'm sure if he wanted you back he would just come out and say it...

I didn't want my ex back but saying I missed him stirred up old feelings for him and I ended up disappointing him again.

• Nope. Probably just wants to be friends again. That may lead to getting back together, but eh. Probably not.