Why do we feel so useless and good for nothing when we are rejected? how can we regain self esteem after being dumped?

we all have a list of qualities, of passions, of values that make us proud about ourselves, we have accomplishements, we have well payed jobs, good friends and loving families.

each one of us, when in a good mod, can make a self portrait or a list of qualities and say "damn! I'm a great catch! too bad I can't date myself!"

but when we are rejected, when we get dumped, we feel terrible, we feel like we have no value, like we aren't good enough, like we aren't worthy... why does this happen and how can we regain our self esteem after rejection?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• When u say we do u mean women only?
    Bcoz if she dumped me I dont feel terrible or blaming myself bcoz I know myself I'm enough for most girls and if she would cheat thats her choise i will be angry sure and I think will punch her but terrible or horible or I wasn't good enough I dont think in that
    my ex talked with some guys and it was clear she have realitionship but in secret i asked what u find in them that I dont have it? She said if I know u will know I about them i will never talk to them u r enough

So I didn't blame myself and told her its u its ur choise and no one pushed u to do that u by urself did it she cry and told her goodbye and thats the results of ur choices

Since then every now and then she try to be my gf again but no chance

I dont see the point y people blame themselfs if they got cheated
    The cheater do it by himself and the moment he do it he put every memory every promise in his/her ass so all n all its the cheater fault

• I didn't mean women only, I'm sure some men also have this feeling from time to time :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Because we place our value as a person in what someone else thinks of us. This is a huge mistake. Someone else can't make us feel bad about ourselves unless we allow it

• yes but why do we need validation from that particular person and the all other validtion seems insignificant?

• Because we value their opinion more due to having a crush on them