Why did my ex deactivate his account?

Okay so it's been 3 weeks since I last spoke to my ex, NC has been great and I'm finally starting to feel happy & able to move on with my life. I'm actually happy again! While I still care & love my ex I know that breaking up was the right thing to do. The timing was wrong. Don't get me wrong I still miss him then & again as a friend but I don't feel the need to talk to him.

Realising that I have moved on I went to go unblock him on everything (I hate holding grudges) and due to us having the same social circle I hope that one day we can be friends again so there isn't any awkwardness.

But when I went to unblock him on fb he had deactivated his account, which puzzled me. (He deactivated his account when he broke up with his ex 3 years ago when he became depressed & was really hurt)

Now I can't stop thinking about him, was this his intentions? Or is he just really down? He was still trying to keep in contact with me through our friends & when we could still see each other's Twitter he would post things to make me jealous. Yet now that we can't see each other's tweets he has stopped.

Is he just really hurt? Or is he just trying to make me miss him? Why would a guy go through so much effort if he had truly moved on? Anyone help?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• You must not be that over him. It might not have anything to do with you.

• I'm over him romantically but as a friend. I suppose not, I still care for him & worry about his well being.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's safe to assume that he is hurt. You've blocked him everywhere and ignored him even though he tried to keep in contact with you through friends. Do you think anyone enjoys being treated like dirt? Of course he is hurt, whether he is depressed or not, I don't know.