How do I reject a guy without hurting his feelings?

There is this guy who has confessed to liking me and admittedly we shared a drunken kiss weeks ago. But the thing is I am just not into him and I know nothing is ever going to happen, especially because I like someone else. I really dont want to hurt his feelings, but I dont want to string him along. What should I do?

Its a bit awkward because we are all in the same circle of friends.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• Be clear and say it:
    it's better to hurt his feelings than to let him hope in vain for a long time.
    Hurting now will be over next week, vain hope can last years.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • very true, thank you x