Guys: What would make you hate your ex?

What would lead you to hating her? And if you already do, what can she do to repair the damage?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, does the hate come from the cause of the breakup or is it your behavior after the breakup that led him to hate you? Cheating, lying, humiliating, hurting directly or indirectly, or just breaking this guy's heart for a reason he didn't think was legitimate can lead to the hate.

If the hate comes from after the breakup, it might come from you acting like you're so much better without him, if you shared embarrassing stories about him with your friends, if you're hooking up with his friends, if you moved on too quickly, if you stole or won't return something of his...

Repairing will depend on the cause for the hate. If you did something wrong, your best bet will be a very sincere and honest apology. If you're looking to get him back on top of it, a big gesture to that says I'm sorry and please forgive me might help repair the damage. It'll depend on what you did, his personality, and if it's something he can forgive. Example, If his favorite band is coming to town, you can buy him a couple tickets and say "I know I can't take back what I did, but I want you to have these. It may be nothing much and it won't undo what I did, but it's my way of saying I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive me one day". Don't expect be his date of course. I wouldn't buy something he can smash in front of your face however. LOL

• I didn't cheat on him or any of that, but after the breakup we've just gone downhill. Fast track to right now, he said today that he's on the verge of hating me. He says it's because of my attitude, and how I pick fights, etc., so I don't know what to do.. He regards me as a stranger now, so that doesn't help the situation at all. I've tried to repair my attitude, but I feel like I can't make the changes quick or good enough to his liking.

• Yeah, if he's not joking when he says it, take it seriously. If he was going to say anything to hurt you, it'd be more personal, he'd attack a personality trait, or throw something you did in your face. I can't think of any circumstance where I'd tell someone I'm so close to hating them just to to be hurtful when I don't mean it.

• Okay well, thank you for all your help.

What Guys Said 5

• It takes to much energy to hate. The last girl I was with fucked another dude and I was angry then I just told her I never want to see her again. I dont hate her and if I saw her on the street id like to see how she's doing but I also dont want her in my life anymore.

• if she slept with my mates

• My ability to hate everyone if I want. What a great ability

• She was flirting online I hate what she did the first time and gave her 2more chance but in the third I hated her and left her but after few month I stop feel I hate her I felt she's nothing to me and she become n the past and she really surprised how I change

Now for me she offer sex money cinema dinner gifts to repair the damage but I refuse everything that moment I felt if she give me even gold I will not back to her and honestly I didn't feel hate and she ask to forgive her I did but for what? U r just n the past

I bealive in some point the person can't fix the damage at all no matter what he or she offer

• Don't know. I've not hated any of my exes... Even if we drifted apart, I can understand why it happened. In fact, I think I'm so emotional that I almost love all of them... (even if I did the moving apart). I think we give people a part of our heart when we have a relationship with them! Forever.

PS: In most of our relationships, it wasn't based on sex... except one.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm not sure. Maybe if I found out they were cheating on me during our relationship. Even though I wouldn't hate them. I would just be very disappointed in someone I loved.

• I wouldn't say my ex made me hate him because that's a strong weird but I will say I lost respect for him and feelings for him as well. He mistreated me and cheated on me and so much more. He would flirt with other women still does and he never ever made time for me even though I didn't ask for a lot. He started drinking to and just changed out of no where. And suddenly I just lost feelings for him and we slowly drifted apart.

• If she was a monster and evil and manipulative