Is being friends with your ex girlfriend or boyfriend a good idea?

Before my ex boyfriend and I broke up we were together for 2 years.. I broke up with him because I found out he was flirting with a lot of girls online and told them he was single, we were going to different colleges and I couldn't trust him so I told him we should break up. A year ago he found me on Facebook and he told me he wants to be friends again because he missed me and was hoping we can be friends, I wasn't for sure I told him I had to think about it.. we have been talking on Facebook for 5 months and I gave him my new number.
Everyone is telling me I shouldn't have done that, I sorta agree I make stupid mistakes and I guess this is one of them now. Should I still continue being friends with him? I only did it because he lives in another state now.

45

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a very good idea. I tried that one time with my ex and then I was just like this isn't going to work so I cut it off. I think bring friends with an ex is a bad idea. It doesn't really solve anything in my case. And you could get your hopes up for nothing. It would be weird in my opinion which is why I don't talk to my ex at all. Don't do it trust it's not the right way to go. So people are friend with being friends with there ex I don't really know how people do it, I know I couldn't.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you so much! I won't do it, and it was hard even though I was talking to him on Facebook, so I know for sure it will be extremely hard for me if he came back.

• Thank you so much!!! I totally understand :)

• Your welcome (: