Is being friends with your ex girlfriend or boyfriend a good idea?

Before my ex boyfriend and I broke up we were together for 2 years.. I broke up with him because I found out he was flirting with a lot of girls online and told them he was single, we were going to different colleges and I couldn't trust him so I told him we should break up. A year ago he found me on Facebook and he told me he wants to be friends again because he missed me and was hoping we can be friends, I wasn't for sure I told him I had to think about it.. we have been talking on Facebook for 5 months and I gave him my new number.
Everyone is telling me I shouldn't have done that, I sorta agree I make stupid mistakes and I guess this is one of them now. Should I still continue being friends with him? I only did it because he lives in another state now.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a very good idea. I tried that one time with my ex and then I was just like this isn't going to work so I cut it off. I think bring friends with an ex is a bad idea. It doesn't really solve anything in my case. And you could get your hopes up for nothing. It would be weird in my opinion which is why I don't talk to my ex at all. Don't do it trust it's not the right way to go. So people are friend with being friends with there ex I don't really know how people do it, I know I couldn't.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you so much! I won't do it, and it was hard even though I was talking to him on Facebook, so I know for sure it will be extremely hard for me if he came back.

• Show All
    • Thank you so much!!! I totally understand :)

• Your welcome (:

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• It's not really a good idea. It's one of those "you can if you want" deals which has a high failure rate.

0|0
    1|0
  • I was always told don't get back with exes it never works long term.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is a bad idea believe me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad idea I can't be her friend
    My ex beg me to be her freind but no chance I can't accept the idea and I find it weird she was my gf then now freind!! No chance

So yes I bealive its bad idea

1|0
    1|0
  • It is never ever a good idea to remain friends with an ex ever.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 3

• Probably not, but it's alright I guess. Your choice. But as soon as one of you get a new gf/bf or are in the talking stage with somebody you need to drop contact. It's pure respect for your new partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a pretty terrible idea.

0|2
    0|0
  • No because why do you want to see who his next gf is, unless u like him and want to get back w him!

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh no, my feelings for him is long gone!! I don't trust him, but I just thought it will be okay since we go to college in different states, and I know I won't see him again because I heard that he is staying even after he graduates.

Recommended myTakes