Is it a bad idea to break up with someone because they are deploying?

Dating my ex. It will be a year on and off next month. We just recently got back together and we r even closer than before. He's really opening up to me and talking about his future. In six months, he is deploying to Japan for 3 years. I want more than what six months can give me and we def don't know each other to plan a future together. I want to break up with him now rather than six months from now when I like him even more. Is this a good idea?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is a good idea. You really don't want to do an LDR, they suck hardcore, and can lead to real reasons for serious breakups because of the sheer strain they put on relationships. They can be survived by long time couples, but you are right the time is too short. He might come back with a Japanese bride if you do, but heh w/e if he's happy right? You'll find someone too and get your happiness as well.

Plus you can kind get some good closure for both of you. Nobody is at fault, nobody gets to be the bad guy (or girl), its just differing life goals. It is a nice, smooth, politically correct breakup. I'd say take it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, if you aren't feeling it break up and make sure you two aren't hating each other. After 3 or so years, you never know where the two of you will be. Life is untold and that is what makes it wonderful.