Would you quit your job because of your ex who also works in the same place?

So my boyfriend and I met at work and dated for almost a year. He ended up breaking up with me and after a month or two is now dating a girl from our work. I was working in a different department and didn't see him much. But now, I am starting a new position where I will most likely see him and his girlfriend a lot... And I mean a lot.. Even in the break room (my previous department had a separate break room). I'm still a bit upset about the break up and him already moving on to a new girl but understand that I have no intentions on trying to ruin things between those two- to be honest I don't want to care and I just want to move pass all this and just work. Some of my friends think I should find a new job, some think I should tough it out, I think I shouldn't let some guy get in the way of my money ha ha. What do you guys think. I'm asking both guys and girls. Oh ya I forgot to mention, everyone pretty much knows I'm his ex and he is now with a new girl.. It's like highschool in that department. Rumours spread easily... If you have any questions, just ask.
Thanks for the feedback guys. So far I'm enjoying my new position but I haven't bumped into them yet. I caught myself scanning the area looking for any of them but I controlled myself. Told myself it doesn't matter anymore and just continued on working

22

Most Helpful Guy

• if it makes me feel uncomfortable everyday I would. too many memories. having moved on so quick can't help either.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if you're comparing the situation to high school, then look at it like this: would you have swapped schools just because of something like this? The scenario would basically be the same; seeing them all the time and whatnot. But you'd do what I think you should do now, which is tough it out. If it's a shitty job then ok, maybe that's your cue to go. But if your happy beyond this obstacle, then don't let him get in the way of you and your money. This will pass, and you'll be glad that you didn't let him make you quit.