People who figured out they were cheated on: How long did you wait to inform your partner that you knew?

I've been listening to a lot of Sam Smith recently. This song inspired the question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_-U6dcTEOg
  • i put that slut/manwhore on blast RIGHT THEN AND THERE
    Vote A
  • i waited a little bit, a few days
    Vote B
  • i waited a little bit longer, a few weeks
    Vote C
  • i'm still with that person and plotting their demise
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 days, while i made sure i was 100%

2|0
    0|0
    • oooh. P. I. Hephaestus :p

• Show All
    • lol gotta make the best of a bad situation :p
      one that ya can look back on and not be sad or angry... but proud of how you handled it :3

• Danke for mho :3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Life's short and I don't have time to deal with cheating scumbags so I dump them ASAP

3|1
    0|0
    • how boring. :p but also wise. :D

• Show All
    • you live the life of a domestic cat :p

• I prefer sloth life

• I hope I never get cheated on, but if it did happen I would pretend and acted like I didn't know and act all nice and fake and invite them over or have them meet me somewhere so then I can confront them in real life and humiliate them in public by insulting them while everybody watches I am revengeful like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • I had sex with her one last time and then dumped her. I had a cheshire cat smile the whole time i screwed her. I met the woman that became my wife 6 months later, so it was a good thing to happen.

1|1
    0|0
  • Never been cheated on, but if I had a partner that cheated, I wouldn't confront them right away after finding out, I'd act like nothing happened and wait my chance to catch so I can catch them/her in the act of cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • End it right then and right there. but if i felt like i really wanted to get back at them id wait to plot their demise.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been cheated on, can't decide if I'd confront them or wait for a bit and make a big spectacle

0|0
    0|0
  • i broke up with my imaginary gf as soon as i found out

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont cheat and I never cheated. I been cheated on many times.

0|0
    0|0
  • I let them know immediately and put an end to it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure if this counts, but I was "cheated on" once. I'll explain why I put it in quotes here in a minute. But after it happened, the girl that did it to me was the one who told me about it.

She was away from home on a vacation when we were in that "talking" stage (we were long distance at that point). But we had been acting like a couple for many months prior to that. She'd let me know when a random dude wanted to hang out with her and whatnot, like a girlfriend would. She refused guy's advances and said she was "taken". And we just basically acted like a couple. For our entire relationship, we never once slapped the obvious label on it so it's not like there was a certain point where it was 'official'... because we were just together.

So anyway, she's on vacation before moving to my city. While on vaca, she got close with this dude who was friends of her friends. They were hanging out a lot on this trip, going out as a group most every night to bars/clubs. Well one night, I guess she got drunk and lost her brain because she went back to her hotel with this guy and they had sex.

Long story short, she told me and I stopped talking to her for like a week so I didn't do/say anything out of anger. I calmed down and decided to try and overlook it. We were together for like 8 months after that, but yeah... I wouldn't do that again. The relationship was actually great, but living with that little voice in the back of your head that you're doubting her in questionable situations just wasn't worth it to be chumped like that.

So yeah, does this count? :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I found out my ex had cheated from the guy she'd cheated on me with. She and I had taken a break and she'd slept with him during this period, which was fine. I'd seen another girl during that time, but when my SO and I rekindled our relationship, she didn't inform me that she was still seeing her 'friend'. Three months after we'd gotten back together, I get a call from the guy and he tells me he had looked through her phone and had seen numerous calls and texts sent to me. He told me he was really sorry and could honestly understand how I must feel. Apparently, she'd been dating both of us, while telling us that the other "wouldn't leave her alone." He and I both ended our association with the girl that night. We didn't exactly become friends after that, but we've bought each other beer from time to time when we see the other at a bar. Bros before hoes...

"He who teams up against the thwarts of thy bitch, shall prevail against thy bitch!"

2|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• When I found out my ex husband had cheated on me, I took a few days to investigate everything. This was just before Christmas. So I printed up 3 months worth of cell phone statements, highlighted each call and text. Put it in a large gift envelope, acted all excited and presented it to him. When he opened it he looked lost, so I told him I now knew how much I had been lied to so he didn't have to hide it anymore. And he could leave my house and fuk off! He tried the sorry crying wanting to come home bs, but she wasn't the 1st, just the 1st I had proof of.

5|2
    0|0
    • omgomgomgomg. another badass woman. wow. nicely played :p

• I was told but didn't believe the people who told me, I felt like they were just playing a sick joke (which did happen before with someone else). I asked my then boyfriend who denied it. About 8 months later, they told me again and seemed more genuine and concerned. I asked him again and he broke down and admitted to it. I think it was eating away at him over those months but each time, I asked him pretty soon after I found out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been cheated on, but knowing my limited acting abilities, I wouldn't even be able to hide it for days.

0|0
    0|0
  • I told them the next time they contacted me

0|0
    0|0
  • I found out my ex had cheated on me two years ago my friend told me. And I found the evidence on his Facebook page. He says she was just a friend. But I could tell by the caption of my picture " Look at me and my baby." She wasn't no friend and he told me you can't assume stuff. I was like "Whst do I have to assume when it's right there in front of my face." I'm not blind I know a cheater when I see one. We got into an argument and I told him to go to church and he told me to go to hell and that was that. He tried saying he was sorry I told him sorry doesn't cut it. Everything he gave me I burned it and never talked to him again. We go to the high school together but I just act like he doesn't exist. He thinks we're friends but I told him no.

0|0
    0|0
  • i waited a few days to order a moving van and i moved all my stuff out of his house 30 minutes after he left for work. i left without telling him a thing and never replied to a phone call or worried text message he still doesn't know why i left him and he doesn't deserve to know

6|1
    0|0
    • :o :o :o :o woman, that is SO BADASS!

• thanks! i made sure i had undeniable proof first by the way :)

Recommended myTakes