Why would he take this so seriously?

My boyfriend dumped me yesterday because I told him I don't care about his body. He goes to the gym a lot to work out and make his body look good, but I've never cared about a guys body. When it comes to physical attraction it's about his face. Then it's his personality. He acted like I insulted him or something when I told him I don't notice he works out and I don't care because his face is hot and we get along well. He called me shallow.

How is that shallow? I would call someone shallow if they cared more about my body than my face or personality.

Is he the shallow one? Am I better off without him?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• He means you are selfish, not shallow. Selfish as in you do not see the effort he puts into himself, and you are saying it means nothing to you. I understand your innate desires, and lack thereof, but if the man you want to spend the rest of your life with has a stamp collection, you should really get into stamps. It will make him feel like a man. That is what a woman does... The feminine compliments the masculine. We need it as men.

• Yes I am so selfish. I've helped him out with so much and I don't care about him at all. I bailed him out when he couldn't pay his rent. I'm the most selfish woman on earth...

• I am a horrible terrible person who doesn't care about his happiness?

• No, you are not a horrible person. You are a good, loyal mate. It is possible that he is going through so much, his heart is filled with fears and troubled, that he needed an excuse to take his emotional pain out on someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• He dumped you because you didn't acknowledge his hard work of something (and that something is him putting a lot of effort going to the gym, and making his body look good) as much as you really don't care, you should of praised him for wanting to maintain a healthy life style.. Even a "wow baby you look really good" wouldn't have hurt either..