My boyfriend called me fat?

I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was fat & then he said "Yes." & I didn't respond back. we just got back together on the 10th of December. He told me that about an hour ago & I'm just really hurt. I do feel the need to just break it off, I feel like he wants me to... How/What do I say in order to just break up with him?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You set a trap for him by asking him that question. Try to be a little bit more confident. I know it is difficult I am overweight myself, but confidence goes a long way no matter what your body type. If you learn to love yourself, you will not need to get that sort of reassurance from a man. However, any good boyfriend would not tell his girlfriend that she is fat, no matter what. He should want to make you feel good. If he knows that you are trying to lose weight, he should support and encourage you and not put you down. Tell him that your feelings are hurt, but in the future, try not to put yourself in that kind of situation. If you want to break up with him tell him that you are sorry, but you do not deserve to be treated like that.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• do u think u are fat?
    did he complain about it before?
    if no then he is honest with u
    if yes then he tried to change u to be better
    think of break up when his treatment changed recently otherwise don't think of it at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. Personally I think my crush is on the plump side, but I'd never mention the word 'fat'. I'd just go as much as say that she's curvy and have really soft skin, but I'd absolutely deny that she's fat. Probably because I would not date a fat girl, and she's not really fat, just... plump. Yups lol.

Anyway, just say that you don't feel the spark with him, and that should be it.

0|0
    0|0
  • probably he might be joking... or if he really consinders you fat whilst your weight is normal range, call him a dog.

dogs love bones LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • Age group 18-24. I'm guessing you guys are probably under 21. He doesn't know any better, it's just a guy being a guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • tell him his penis is short...

0|0
    1|2
  • Now why would you go and ask a stupid question like that... like that Family Guy episode of Star Wars goes... it's a trap

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't forget that guys don't always see a girl being "fat" as a negative. Or at least not as strongly as women often do.

If he likes you, he likes you. For what you've said, he hasn't said he doesn't like you. If the relationship is going to end because of something he doesn't like, let him to be the one to end it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you fat?

0|0
    2|0
    • nopeeeee

• Show All
    • @KaylaS91
      Her boyfriend didn't bring it up. Asker initiated the entire situation by asking a question when she wasn't prepared for an honest answer.

• @asker do yourself a favor and don't ask him if you look feminine

What Girls Said 12

• 1) Why did you ask him? You knew there was a chance that he would say yes, so you kind of set yourself up for that.

2) Take a breather for tonight and the next day have a serious talk with him. Find somewhere to meet up and ask him to be completely honest with you about what he's feeling. If you guys really feel like there is no way to fix the rift that may be between you then end it.

3|0
    0|0
  • You asked him a question and now you're pissed off he gave you an honest answer?

I'm glad he called you fat. You might not even be fat, but this should teach you a lesson. Don't ask questions unless you want to hear THEIR answer, not what you're thinking but in a deeper voice.

Fucking women and their trap questions...

1|1
    0|0
    • And yet another answer of yours that I wish to get sexual with in a weird way.

• Why did you ask the question if you didn't want to know the answer to it?

5|2
    1|0
  • Listen to me honey I've been through this plenty of times a lot of guys don't get the concept of of fat or stubby if he has complained about it before I wouldn't worry bout it now I would go and explain it to hum and say this is serious and ask him again and if he says yes again then dumb that fuck like a dead rat in your home he don't deserve you

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone asked you if you were fat, and you said no.

When thin people ask or complain about being fat, it can be really annoying and stupid.

My bet is that your boyfriend said "yes" as a joke because he thought your question was stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is my problem with this. Why would you ask something and then hate the honest answer.
    I really hope he breaks up with you lol

2|2
    0|0
    • Exactly. What a paradox... Wants an honest guy, can't handle an honest answer.

• @traxlem I just can't believe people like her actually find partners. Not because she is fat but because she can't handle the truth.

• ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ ɪs ᴠᴇʀʏ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ. I ᴇᴀʀɴ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ʟᴏ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴊᴏʙs. I ᴇᴀʀɴ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ 90$ ᴘᴇʀ ʜᴏᴜʀ, I ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ 5 ᴛᴏ 6 ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴜʟғɪʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴀʟʟ ɴᴇᴄᴇssɪᴛɪᴇs. ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟsᴏ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀɴ ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴊᴏʙ ᴘʟᴢ ᴠɪsɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴛᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ʙᴇʟᴏᴡ

Vɪsɪᴛ Wᴇʙsɪᴛᴇ... w­w­w. W­o­r­k4hour. C­o­­m

0|0
    0|0
  • rule #1 don't ask questions when you don't want to hear an honest answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him u r hurt by his remark and realised that both are not compatible. end jt

0|0
    0|0
  • You might be fat.

0|2
    2|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes