GaG, when do you tell your friend to break up with their SO?

There isn't much to explain, I think my friend should dump her SO. I just recently found out that everything that's been upsetting her about him has been happening for almost as long as they've been dating. This would be just over a year now so I don't think it's as straight forward as I would like it to be. Almost every night for the past week I've had to sit in Skype with her to calm her down when she's upset. It's probably glaringly obvious to just tell her she needs to and why. I can't get myself to work up the nerve so give me some thoughts please?

Thanks for the thoughts, I guess I'm going to find out if tonight is crappy or great.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell her this,

"Listen, all this guy does to you is make you suffer. Do you like suffering? Obviously not! Dump his ass. "

She'll probably be like but I love him!

Then you tell her,

"So do drug addicts love their drug, that don't mean shit!"

Then its up to her to decide what she wants.

*haha my explanation is so feminine* 😂

What Girls Said 1

• I would say just tell her. Honesty is great! It could go two ways though, she will have the courage to do it, or she won't. We women like to try to fix things we know cannot be fixed.

What Guys Said 3

• You need to be aware that if you do tell her this, it may come across as you interfering, and you may well end up losing her friendship.

That said, sometimes you've just got to get things off your chest.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

• Dude. Just stay out of it. She is not a damsel in distress who needs rescuing. She knows what she is doing. Kill any idea that this will make her fall into your arms.

• You cannot rationalize this kind of thing. You present the facts and leave them with it.