The big Dilemma? What to do about it?

I've separated with my husband one month ago ( he was verbally abusive and emotionally distant and most of the time we were fighting), we are now living on separate continents. He truly apologized for the way he acted and I must admit he was sincere. I love him with all that tumultuous past we had and from what he said he loves me too ( he realized that when my leaving became more real and he turned the page acting just as he was supposed to act as a husband, I left because I couldn't base my faith on one week of paradise and some rare moments of bliss ). He asked me if I wanna go back but I said no, I felt and still feel the need of healing myself after all that experience. The "problem" is that I miss his good parts, his true self and I often find myself crying because of it. We might end up in a divorce, we already talked about it. How can I handle all this? considering the fact I still love him and a part of me still hopes that this turning point will make him wake up and fix his anger issues and trust ones and maybe, just maybe get back together again, starting fresh.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Hang on in there your doing the right thing. Were you are now is the toughest place just after breaking up and trying to move on. Abusive men can seldom change without help short term yes they can control themselves but I can almost guarantee within weeks of you going back it will back to normal. Your doing the right thing you've done the hardest bit and moved out. Be strong and move on. Well done.

What Guys Said 1

• Abuse is a nasty thing to potentially come back to, maybe you should give him more time. Unfortunately people rarely change when they're older, so since you know him best consider what's the safest choice for yourself.

What Girls Said 1

• He will not change. Take him back and you'll regret it.