How do you let it go and stop stalking? Have you ever caused this upon yourself?

Basically been in a situation where you have been rejected and it turns into obsession,.. so you stalk etc mostly on social media and what you see hurts you, so you are causing yourself pain.
How do you let it go and stop stalking?
I don't know why I do this. it only hurts me

3216

Most Helpful Guy

• First, you have my deepest sympathies. I got rejected by the girl of my dreams many, many years ago, and I'm still not over her. I know that pain, and I know how much it sucks to see them living out their life without you in it, finding love with someone else. The best thing you can do, I think, is remind yourself that if you really care about them - if you really ever cared about them - you want them to have a happy life. And they can't be happy if you're always lurking in the shadows, potentially disturbing them or causing them distress. And, as you yourself have observed, you're only causing yourself pain. I know how tempting it is, especially with social media. I've ended up avoiding a lot of social media because it pains me to see her face and be reminded of how much I've lost.

Place your hope in the future, and pray for someone to come and take their place in your heart, if you believe in a greater power. But be the better person, and be compassionate toward them. That will really prove whether your love for them is true or just a selfish desire.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know exactly how you feel, and every emotion that goes behind the stalking and the continuation of it, despite the pain. I personally couldn't let it go for over a year, and it was bad. But then as the stalking progressed and became a regular routine, I learned to realize how I was giving this guy so much power over me. This guy rejected me, therefore he's not worth it, but I'm continuing to give him so much control over me and my emotions! How unfair! It's hard to get in that mindset, I completely understand. Sometimes time is really the only cure, and i'm positive you'll eventually learn to let it go :)

• I know right.. i did it for 4 years after a guy i dated really screwed me over and i saw him getting into a new rel and i stalked both of them.. like you said it became a routine.. and im doing the same again with a new guy.. im learning to let go and i havnt stalked him for a week or more now.. but ugh its so hard letting someone who doesn't care about you have a control over you

• That's such a good start, keep it up! I know it's hard, but I have so much faith that someday you'll even forget that stalking this guy was ever in your routine. Also, realize it's totally okay to snoop around the guy's profile every once in a while. Even though I'm completely over my ex at this point, I still occasionally check his social media stuff, just because and it actually helps me now. It's awesome you're restricting yourself, but know it's also okay to occasionally let yourself stalk!

• This is a very good way of putting it @pinkyminnie