Do girls try to mess with guys heads on purpose?

My ex and I broke up two weeks ago after being together for 2 years, we broke up because I was becoming very busy with college apps and my grandma became very ill and ended up passing away on Christmas eve. We fought a lot because she started flirting with guys all the time, tweeting pictures of them together with hearts, people would often asked me if we were still together because the way she acted. She even went so far to say she'd have sex with some of these guys. I broke up with her because she was making me feel unwanted but I still love her more than anything. Now she texts me a lot saying she misses me and loves me still, but there's this guys that she's always with and she swears they aren't talking, but she has them as her wallpaper. She'll tell me she misses me, then go on social media and say she's having the best night of her life with this guy and that she's never been so happy. Now, is she doing this to get a rise out of me and to mess with my head, or does she actually like him? I don't think she likes him because she tells me that I'm all she thinks about every day all day and that she could never love someone as much as she loves me, so why would she be putting it out there that life is so great with this guy unless it was to mess with me? also she says she wants to get back together which I'm all up for, but she says she wants her space, but when I give it to her she pulls me closer again. Is this all just a game?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• First off let me start by saying am so sorry for your loss and I hope you're doing alright! Losing someone you love is very hard to deal with.

I think you should just stay away. Breaking up was the right thing to do. If you were all she thought about then she wouldn't be dating or posting other guys everywhere (especially as a wallpaper). It seems to me she just wants the attention from you but coming from a girl if she missed you and still wanted to be together she would be doing nothing with other men and would not be pulling away when you want to get together.

Besides, hypothetically let's say she does want to get back together. Do you really want a relationship with someone who acts this way? With someone who responds to your loss with selfishness. With someone who seems to enjoy playing confusing games to string you along? No one deserves that and my best advice is to stop following her or unfriend her on everything and try to move on because you're better than that and deserve better than her.

Most Helpful Guy

• NOPE!!! Leave that shit alone. Move on.
    My recent ex got back with her "jerk" ex-boyfriend after I ended it with her. She made it clear I treated her better than her ex. As it so happens, 2 weeks after I dumped her, her friend & I started dating (which is a better relationship so far), & the real reason my ex is trying to get me to go back out with her is 1) I was good to her & 2) She's jealous of her now ex-friend/girl I'm seeing.
    It's an attempted mindfuck. Leave it be.