How long did getting over your heartbreaks take?

I am asking only in the times when you "fell in love" and it broke, how long did it take to get over it?

36

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the reasoning of the break up, etc. I was with a guy for about 2 years, caught him cheating on me numerous times. I really loved him though, but each time I caught him, I fell that much more out of love with him. I was pretty dumb to not break it off right then but I was blind. When I finally broke up with him on the third time cheating, it only took me about a week or so because I was actually drifting away. For another instance, it took me about four months to get over him, but it was because we decided we would just be friends afterwards. Due to being friends, the feelings still lingered but I eventually was able to let go.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • When you were friends with him did you see him move on with another girl?

• Eventually I did yes, which made it hard and forced me into reality to move on.

• Thanks for most helpful :)