Do you miss a person or just the memories of a person?

An ex and I of 4 years broke up about a year ago (I was her first) and we've dated other people since. Recently we were having a good conversation (talking/text), then out of no where she gets angry and says she hates me. Later on I ask her why she said that and she said she didn't have to explain anything to me. Then we began to argue. She said she wanted to be friends but she can't seem to have a decent conversation going with me. Then she told me she wasn't in love with me just more in love with the memories we had. I didn't mind I just got mad because she ignitiated the conversation then ended it abruptly and rudely. Why do you thin she does that?

My other question is: do people really just love the memories of others or the actual person.

11