We broke up today, his birthday is tomorrow. What should I do with his gift?

We broke up because he always cancels plans on me, yet he always has time to go to bars with his friends without inviting me. I just felt unwanted and really hurt for the millionth time.
When I told him I was mad, instead of apologizing or trying to fix things he got mad and said he doesn't want to deal with this anymore. I'm so sick of him making me feel this way that I agreed to the breakup.

Anyway I already got him a gift for his birthday. And a card. I can't return the gift, it's exchange only, and it's a store for men. There's nothing there for me. There isn't anyone I can give it to either.

What am I supposed to do with it? I thought about leaving it in front of his door tomorrow morning cus I know he'll still be asleep... but I don't want him to think I'm trying to fix things. I don't know what else to do with it... I already have another gift that's still sitting in storage for years that was supposed to be a gift for my previous ex.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Sell it on ebay, give a male relative, pass it to a close gal friend (with a bf) who knows you broke up and would be glad to get a gift.

It totally sucks for this to happen but it's not good for you to be wondering how to pass a gift to a person who doesn't matter anymore. Just... you could just even pass it to the local charity. Make someone's day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Give it to a male in your family or a guy friend and you did the right thing by breaking up with him. I'm sure you'll find someone that treats you right

• Thanks and I guess I will...