We broke up today, his birthday is tomorrow. What should I do with his gift?

We broke up because he always cancels plans on me, yet he always has time to go to bars with his friends without inviting me. I just felt unwanted and really hurt for the millionth time.
When I told him I was mad, instead of apologizing or trying to fix things he got mad and said he doesn't want to deal with this anymore. I'm so sick of him making me feel this way that I agreed to the breakup.

Anyway I already got him a gift for his birthday. And a card. I can't return the gift, it's exchange only, and it's a store for men. There's nothing there for me. There isn't anyone I can give it to either.

What am I supposed to do with it? I thought about leaving it in front of his door tomorrow morning cus I know he'll still be asleep... but I don't want him to think I'm trying to fix things. I don't know what else to do with it... I already have another gift that's still sitting in storage for years that was supposed to be a gift for my previous ex.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sell it on ebay, give a male relative, pass it to a close gal friend (with a bf) who knows you broke up and would be glad to get a gift.

It totally sucks for this to happen but it's not good for you to be wondering how to pass a gift to a person who doesn't matter anymore. Just... you could just even pass it to the local charity. Make someone's day.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Give it to a male in your family or a guy friend and you did the right thing by breaking up with him. I'm sure you'll find someone that treats you right

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks and I guess I will...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like you need to move on to someone that cares about you and write the money you spent on the gift off as a loss.

0|0
    0|0
    • So just throw it out? It was kind of a pricey gift. ... I don't want to just toss it or put it in storage.

• Show All
    • Just remember that you can't fix him no matter how hard you try and you need to find someone that will treat you the way you should be treated.

• I know. He has lots of issues. I just really liked him but obviously he doesn't feel the same. Its just hard going through the same thing over and over again. Thanks :)

• Just give it to be civil and don't expect anything show him who's the more mature one

1|0
    0|0
  • Exchange it for a gift certificate and give it to your next BF or male relative.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Give it to your dad brother cousin etc or something as a late Christmas present

0|0
    0|0
    • Orrr if its a clothing shop swap it for a mans shirt add a belt some denim shorts and heels then bhammmm

• Show All
    • Yeah i love wearing mens shirts lol they are comfy and look good if you know how to work it lmaoo :)

• Lol I'll see if I can otherwise just going to gift it to my stepdad

• Sell it on ebay or give it to a charity shop :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes