Basically, I split up with my girlfriend a few months ago... Advise?

I broke up with her. Don't get me wrong, I loved her and i still do... but i did it for her. I couldn't give her the time and attention she deserved. She needs a guy who can see her regularly, who's good with all the 'boyfriendy' things - I wasn't that guy. I'm quite a closed person and she was the first person i could really be silly with.
It's just eating me up. I miss her more and more... The last time I spoke to her was about two months ago and I we were just meeting up. But then she wanted to go shopping for a date she had and that really wound me up... It's killing me and I just want to know what you think I should do...

• Talk to her
  • Try get her back
  • Move on, you bloody idiot
    Vote C
The thing is, I'm not 100% sure if she's with someone else now
Spoke to her, and we're back together now. thanks guys

75

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop playing games you fool!

If you really want her back go talk to her, explain why you ended it with her, and then tell her why you you regret saying it all.

• i'm back with her now, thank you pal

• That's great!

Just don't make the same mistake again.

What Girls Said 7

• If it helps u to get this thing off ur chest then talk to her. If after talking to her there is no positive outcome u have to move on.

• you want her back, say so, but be aware you'll need to change somethings about yourself to make it work.

• like stop breaking up with her and changing her... is a good start.

• she needs to know how you feel, at least if you say it's eating you up

• I think that guy in ally macbeal said let bygones be bygone. Soz. You've missed the boat.

• A and B. Talk to her and if you think you can, try to get her back.

• You got her back? That's great! :-)

• did exactly what you said, thank you

• You're welcome :-) I'm so glad it worked and you're back together

• I'm a girl... when a guy breaks up with me I'll be upset for the first 1 and a half weeks then I'll try to move on then actually move on seeing that you are just now upset about it after months I'm pretty sure she moved on by now but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try

• get her back. be better at the boyfriendy things. tell her you were a complete idiot to let her go.

What Guys Said 4

• i think you have to ask yourself, despite missing her and despite being jealous that she might be with someone else... ARE you ready to date and be the bf? are you ready to do all the things you didn't feel you were capable of before... if you honestly are you should try and see if she might still be into you. if not you should let her be

• Bro did you talk about your feelings with your gf? Always try and talk about things, why throw something that's beautiful just cause you think she deserves better? That's actually kind of selfish in a way. But go and talk to her and tell her how you feel from the heart, you don't want to lose her in the end all because of the descion you made and regret it later.

• There are two possibilities here. Either she really did deserve better than you and was basically sacrificing in order to be with you, in which case it was right for you two to break up. Or you have low self-esteem and you were actually good enough for her, but in that case you need to improve your self-esteem, which you can't do through romance, in which case it was also right for you two to break up.

Besides, from my observations, getting back together rarely works out. There are usually too many ill feelings.

So, I say, move on.

• break ups should be done once. its devastating and causes bitterness and lots of insecurities on the rejected. if you take her back itll never be the same...

bloody idiot. also when you make decisions like this and ask her back, you lose all your power and shed lose respect for you. again, it won't be the same.