Why does my best friend keep calling me about her ex boyfriend?

I just got a call from her at 7:55 am. She called me like four times yesterday. The first time she asked me if I can call her boyfriend of eight months to get some answers but he just keeps lying and lying. Then the fourth time she called, she was crying and he broke my friend's heart and we ended up being on the phone for three hours. She didn't cry the whole time. She said she doesn't care anymore about him. I didn't even pur down my phone all day yesterday and never got things done. Now she called me an hour ago wanting me ti call her and she said that her ex is ignoring her and all that. I thought she said she didn't care so why did she call me? I just want a break from my phone. I'm off until Wednesday. I understand she's my best friend in all but I don't want to be on the phone all day like I was yesterday and I NEED A BREAK FROM MY PHONE. Man sometimes friendships are so hard.

11