How do you get over an ex and stop checking their social network sites?

An ex and I broke up about 10 months ago after 5 years. She was my first real love and I was her first for everything. She started dating someone right away. I waited months and started dating someone else. She's a nice girl, and my ex and I still speak from time to time, but somehow it always ends with an argument (she said she can't be friends) and it sucks because I can't help but feel something for my ex, and every blue moon I check her social sites to see if she's doing okay. How do I stop doing it? How do you completely get over an ex?

4534

Most Helpful Girl

• Block her and remove her everywhere. Phone, Facebook, Twitter, instagram, whatever. Go out and do stuff. And simply DON'T look at her social media. You're in control of your own actions. You stop doing it by not doing it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't, I'm still doing it 4 years down the line, but not because I'm in love with her anymore but just to see whats going on with her, I still loved her or felt strongly for her for like 1-2years after we broke up, time really does help and it's different for everybody, the fact that she dated another guy after pretty much no time with me also is what made me really sad/wanting her, basically it's just the chase and you just want her again, thing is if you had her your mind set would change again after some time and her not being this so important thing that you need, the major thing that can change you and stop you from doing it is finding another girl, its really the only thing that sets you free from it.