Ex broke her leg. Should I send a Funny text? Or leave her alone?

My ex broke her leg and on crutches. Should I send a text saying something funny? Or should I not send a text and ignore the fact that she broke her leg and just leave her alone?

Ps I'm the one who initiates the texts any time we talk. The texts are positive and upbeat on both ends all the time though.

she sent me a happy birthday text and wished me an amazing birthday weekend and said hope all is well with me and my fam, and also mentioned "we should catch up soon". I don't know if she just said that cuz it was my birthday, or if it was serious. so my response to that last statement was "ya for sure, let me know when"... because i dont want to be the one to keep initiating contact. so i put it in her court. if she wants to initiate to "catch up" then so be it.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're the only one initiating conversation with this girl then I'd say now is the perfect time to stop if you have any hopes of gaining her respect back. Which I'm sure you sill have feelings for her if you keep in contact with her in such a way. She's used to you contacting her and now she's going to be stuck there in one spot mostly having some time to think damn I'd sure like to talk to him, why is he not contacting me like he usually does. I'd bet she then contacts you and then things can be more even and healthy for you two regardless of if you want her back, it's a win win. I'm not friends with anyone who never contact me, there needs to be give and take in any form of a relationship, platonic or romantic.

• There ya go man, yea nothing to get your hopes up to high but it would seem as though things are starting to work more and more and more in your favor. My ex did the same thing, starting tweeting things relating to me and subtle ques like that and it was her trying to get me to contact her but i held strong and she ending up hitting me up multiple times. I'd say you'll be hearing from her soon man. Thanks for the update and hope to hear more!

• she sent me a happy birthday text and wished me an amazing birthday weekend and said hope all is well with me and my fam, and also mentioned "we should catch up soon". I don't know if she just said that cuz it was my birthday, or if it was serious. so my response to that last statement was "ya for sure, let me know when"... because i dont want to be the one to keep initiating contact. so i put it in her court. if she wants to initiate to "catch up" then so be it.

What Girls Said 1

• Seems to be that you still care about her or you guys are just good friends. Send a text

What Guys Said 1

• Really? Leave her alone. Your over 25 she might look at u as immature. Thats kinda petty to me. Dont send her a text leave her alone