How can I get over him completely?

So my first love broke up with me and i was devistated.. I've been trying so hard to get over him. But it's my first love ya know.. I try not to think about him and if I do, I think of the negatives. It seems to work. But I know in the back of my head, he's there... And he literally just called me like 5 minutes ago and was saying "I found the letters you wrote me and I was reading them and I started thinking of you.. I'm sorry.." I just said ''okay" and "cool" I want nothing to do with him and want him out of my life completely. But what do I do if he tries to contact me again and tries to get back with me? And what are tips on getting over him?

07

Most Helpful Guy

• The first relationship is always the hardest to move on from in my opinion. All the future ones will be easier after this. I will say that if you don't want contact then tell him that especially if you don't have to see each other all the time. Good luck and I suggest focusing on hobbies and things you enjoy because it does get better. Time heals these types of wounds :)

What Guys Said 6

• Talk to other guys in terms of getting to know them. You don't have to reply to your ex if you don't want to. Engage in different hobbies that make you happy and hang with friends. Everything will ease its way soon enough.

• You literally block him out of your life.

Tell him that it doesn't work for you to remain connected to him, and cut all contacts. Remind yourself of all of the reasons that you guys couldn't work out. Focus on doing fun things with friends, and participate in other personally-fulfilling activities.

• Concentrate on school and get a career. That's the best way.

• Eh. It's not that bad. Relax. Kick back and put in perspective; you're fine.

• out of sight out of mind... ex means ex communicated.

time as cliche as it sounds. there's no easy way to move on=( sorry for tht

• Tell him "Look, you hurt me and I'm trying to get over you. I'm not blaming you, and I don't want apologies. I just want to move on, so if you don't want to be with me, I'd appreciate you not telling me stuff like that".

What Girls Said 0