A VERY Awkward situation... Opinions please?

So, allow me to explain. My ex and I were together for 10 years, during which we got onto a shared phone plan. When we split, I was unable to get my old phone number transferred over into my name because I had to go to a prepaid phone for a while. I had the same phone number for nearly 7 years and now it was left on his account with him not wanting to pay the disconnect fee.

Now, however, he's with someone else and SHE has my old phone number, knowing that it used to be mine and apparently not caring.

Weird, right?

I've told everyone that I can think of that my number has changed but she is still receiving calls from my family members, friends and legal/business affairs. It's painfully awkward to continue to have to explain that my ex's new lady has my old number and deal with the strange inquiries that follow.

Is there anything I can do about this? Is my privacy safe or can she access information that was previously associated with the number? Is it weird that it doesn't seem to bother her that he just gave her my old phone number?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you considerd offering to pay the disconnect fee?

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes, I did offer :(
      It was unsuccessful and she insisted on keeping the number

• I'm so sorry 😔 Some folks are just unreasonable

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like you have a serious talk with her. That just sounds like a load of crap to me.

1|0
    0|0
    • I am planning to sit down and talk to them both this Thursday, but from what I understand of her opinion on the matter is that she truly doesn't care how much of an inconvenience it is and can't be bothered to do anything at all. I don't really know what else to do.

• Just talk with them and see if you can get anywhere.

Recommended myTakes