What the heck is going on here?

My ex and I are trying to work things out (HE reached out to me btw)... we planned on hanging out on Sunday. Sunday comes around and I ask him what time he's free, he's like "helping my dad with a car". So I'm like ok maybe that means after I'm done with the car. At 7pm, I call him and ask whats going on, and he's like "oh I was in bed all day watching movies, I didn't feel like going out its raining", and I got really annoyed. I told him maybe we shouldn't talk anymore, and he's like "ok". Wtf? So i thought maybe he wanted to watch movies at his house, he didn't really say he doesn't want to hang out at all. So I asked him if I maybe overreacted? He ignored the friggin text. So, I kind of feel pissed off and upset.

Why is he acting this way? If you're not into me, then don't reach out to me at all! I was living my life without thinking about him, and he randomly msged me begging for me to talk to him, and when I actually make an effort to fix things, he does this. What is going on?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• he's being a jerk, he sees you as someone willing to be available when it suits him, so just let him get on with it. He will contact you when he's got nothing to do or no one to talk to, so if he tries to get in touch, don't bother, make him see how it feels when treated like a spare part, x

• Yeah, he does contact me when he's lonely. I'm gonna do that next time. Thank you

• your welcome, x

What Guys Said 4

• I think you did overreact suggesting not talking anymore. that's more of a threat than a method of communication.

as for this behavior... it sounds like he's wishy washy. I think it's fair to ask him why he didn't convey his feelings about hanging Sunday, but it needs to be done in a mature productive way rather than a sort of threat/ultimatum

perhaps just explain to him. we planned to hang out. but when I reached out to you, you were vague and left it completely open ended, which mean that I'm just sort of hanging by a string. what is up? did you really want to hang out? and if you didn't want to hang out why couldn't you communicate that to me rather than me having to chase you down?

or... and this is most likely what I would do... just not bother with him. he's not making an effort or being respectful of your time

• Thank you. Do you think I should text him again explaining things or call him, or just continue to ignore him? He's usually thoughtful, but sometimes he really sucks at communicating. I wasn't sure if he was telling me he didn't want to hang out at all, or if he meant he wanted to watch movies at his place?

• Would it make me seem needy? I already texted him asking if I overreacted, and he ignored it. If I text him again explaining myself or I call him up, would that make it seem like I'm desperate for his attention? I still want him in my life, and I understand that sometimes I tend to cut people off when I get the slightest feeling that they're pushing me away. And the fact that he just said "ok." when I told him I think we shouldn't talk again made me feel like maybe he wanted this...

• then don't bother. but I think you calling him and saying. this is how your actions made me feel. I wish you'd communicate better, isn't needy.

but honestly I probably would seriously re-evaluate if I even wanted to be in a relationship with a person who makes no effort to contact you when you have plans but would instead just leave you hanging.

• he'2 just an iidiiot. iignore hiim and move on, or that'2 what ii'd do anyway.
    good luck.

• I think he does not respect you and is clearly not worth your time.

• He is what I call a jerk don't bother with him forget him and move on

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't accept that kind of behavior from a friend, much less an EX boyfriend.
    If you're trying to work things out and it's already turning like this... I'd say there's nothing to work out. Whether he's playing with you or not, he doesn't seem to respect you.

• I totally understand what you are going through. I have dealt with such people too many times and have ended feeling exactly what you are feeling - MAD.

The only option you have is to not react, coz any reaction will make such people justify their behavior. He obviously doesn't respect you, so stop thinking about him. Next time, don't take him seriously. Let him be the one to pursue you.

• he doesn't really want u anymore. don't bother with him anymore! find someone else