Boyfriend says leaves relationship after miss understanding. Did he just want to end it deep down?

We had a serious talk in which he said some things that lead me to believe he wanted to break up. We'll all I said was that If he wanted to break up then I'd respect his wishes.

He immediately ran with that and said I just ended the relationship. Saying that I "shouldn't have assumed things" and should have clarified with him first. But he could have said that. Instead he just took his things he loaned me and left. So he's putting all the blame on me.

Saying that I'm giving up on us but I'm mot. I never wanted to break up. Because of that I told him not to contact me since he's going to behave like this over a miss understanding. He hurt me with his actions.

Did he just want to end things? I feel like if he really cared he wouldn't have walked bout like he did.

10