I broke up with my ex-boyfriend because I was afraid of coming out as being gay to my friends and family and now he won't talk to me. Any idea why?

So a few months ago I broke up with my boyfriend. Ever since then he has given me the silent treatment. I didn't want to admit it to him at the time but I was so scared to come out to my friends and family that I had to end it. I then told him why I had to really end it in an e-mail and have been trying to get back together with him ever since but he has gone completely cold. Aside from one e-mail he has never responded to my texts or picked up any of my phone calls. Completely silent. I'm having such a hard time with this and I just don't understand why he doesn't want to speak to me let alone get back together. Does anyone know why? I've done some serious soul searching and realized I don't care what people say or think and I've tried telling him this and he's still ignoring me. Thanks for any advice you have for me!

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously he never loved you if he didn't even have the decency to respond after you poured your heart out about the situation. I know it hurts like hell but just leave him be. You made a mistake we all do. If he can't accept that and at the least acknowledge you then they as well have some issues they need to resolve within them self.

• That broke my heart reading it but may very well be true. Thanks for your advice. I want to believe that he's just emotionally paralyzed. I know he cares for me. He agreed to stay friends with me on Facebook and Instagram, but I had to delete him because I literally stalked him everyday.

• I still follow him on Spotify and analyze the songs he listens to and they seem directed at me. Horrible though, songs like Silver Springd by Fleetwood Mac. It's so depressing, but I know he's thinking of me at least. I read all over the place online that the silent treatment is a form of emotional abuse and immaturity. I don't doubt that. I thought he was better person than that.

• For the sake of your own happiness I think you should stop "shadowing" him. I know it's extremely hard but it will definitely be for the better.