Is it weird that I still think about her sometimes?

So I went through a fairly horribly break-up with the girl I consider my first love. She was my high school sweetheart. After everything was said and done she yelled at me that I was pitiful and always will be and I told her that she was emotionally constipated. Things didn't end well, basically. Then I got a whole new POSITIVE outlook on life. I realized I can find a girl who will be willing to actually make me a priority and try in the relationship, which my ex did not do.

So everything in my life is literally good. I have no complaints. But I can't help but to think of my ex every now and then. It's been about a month or so since we argued. And it's not that there isn't closure or anything to that effect. I just don't want to think about her anymore. It's not affecting me or my life, but I just don't want to have these thoughts anymore. I can't say I love her anymore. And I truly do not want to date her again. Also, it's not very often. And for the most part it's just a remembrance of some of the dirtier things we had done, but there is still the sentimental thoughts that occur. It's almost as if most of me has moved on but there's a tiny little strand of me that doesn't want to entirely because she literally was my first love. I'm hoping this will stop soon.

I guess what I'm asking is what can I do about this? Is it normal?
3
1