Should I fight for a relationship for 5 years?

my ex bf is the love of my life, We have been through everything together, however he has some issues such as depression, stress, ADD. He broke up with me because he said that he wants to be alone and that he is confused, We have broken up in the past but we always got back with each other. I want to believe that there is a chance for us, iam starting to go into No Contact hoping that soon he will text me and we will get back, Any opinions i would gladly appreciate

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am torn on this because I agree with @lew5505 that it should come easy but at the same time if you were married I would think that you would stay and help him given that he is the love of your life. Life is a struggle, so is a relationship. Some medical struggles with such things as you mentioned are part of life. He may be pushing you away because he doesn't want you to have to deal with it, which would be a selfless thing to do and is a rare and good thing. I think it is worth trying but you may want to set a date to check your self if it is working out, like next New Year.

0|0
    0|0
    • Fyi, I deal with stress, ADD and have been married for many years. No depression though. But I make up for it with rage issues, lol. I am successful, happy and I believe so is my family. Free free to contact me if you need to discuss.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should leave him, and be happier off with someone who actually wants you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• If it's really what you want, you should. His issues can be healed with the right help and you could even help him to find it. However, keep in mind that we can't wait for someone forever. We start to get older and the line between fighting and losing time start to get tiny...

0|0
    0|0
  • No... ABSOLUTELY NO... drop this person like a hot plate... if I've learned anything... it should come easy... it should flow like water... if it doesn't... you will only be sorry for all the time you wasted later... and the sad part is you will know it... you will realize that all the indicators were there and you will be angry with yourself... I know its hard to step up for yourself right now... but I hope you never have to apologize to yourself later

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• if you really care you should fight

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes