GF broke up with me after 2 years dating, but wants me in her future once she has finished college, what do I do?

she is spending heaps of times with my guy mates, is she interested or just needing someone to help her through the break up? im confused and jealous..

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I absolutely hate when people break up with you and give you the "maybe one day in the future we can be together again" line. It's incredibly egotistical and cruel. Also, it's unrealistic. Nobody has the right to keep another person on reserve just in case they find themselves being lonely later on or in case they've not found anyone better. Because that's all it boils down to. If someone wants to be with you, they should be with you now and not at some point in the future. That's ridiculous.

I know it's hard but you should do your best to move on. Do you really think it's fair for you to basically wait for her? Especially considering that by the time she's finished college, she might have already found someone else? No. You get over this egotistical brat and find a woman who truly wants to be with you. Now and not at some point in the future when it suits her.

0|1
    0|0
    • thank you so much for your honest answer, just what i needed :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like she wants to play the field while keeping you hanging on as backup in case she decides that she can't do any better.

There's really no valid reason for her to want to "tenporarily" break up.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Move on! She's very selfish. You don't need a "woman" like that. She wants to keep her options open, but hold onto you as a backup plan. You're a fool if you go along with it. There are too many good women in this world to hold onto someone like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I just break up. I would need someone to help. However, I would need him to be my new future and forget the past. What done is done. It is now and future. If her break up is completely over. I don't see the reason why you have to jealous. I would do everything to make him think of me and only me.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Uh oh... sounds like she may have a thing for one of your friends. Don't believe her line either, she does NOT want you in her future, at least not in that way.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes