My ex-fiance doesn't get that its over (he cheated and we tried to fix things for 1yr). How do I speak to him w/o being a bitch and hurting us both?

Despite what he has done to our relationship (cheated and lied and put no effort in fixing things when given a chance - 1 full year to work on us!), I don't want to hurt him. Hurting him will hurt me too. However, I need to move on. I've moved out of our place 2 months ago and would like to start dating and living my life. Any advice on how to have this conversation and open his eyes to whats happened. He is in such denial...

12

Most Helpful Girl

• It's very noble of you to try and spare his feelings, but the truth is - he didn't give a shit about yours, so what's the point?

He shat all over the relationship, then shat some more by lying and proceeded to carry on defecating on in by not doing anything to remedy HIS fuck up.

Girl, time for being nice is far from over. Just tell him to his face that you're done with with bullshit, you're moving on and cut him out of your life completely.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for your response! You're so right... I need to stop being nice. Really appreciate your suggestion!
      As I am sure you can imagine, it's hard to understand how someone you've loved so much could turn out to be such an ass.

• Oh wow, 10 bleeping years?

Major douchebag, if after all this time AND such a huge fuck up he didn't bother to do anything to fix things. Give 'em the boot.

• Yeah... major douchebag! Can't believe it. Thanks again.