Isn't it called girl code?

My best friend wants to date my ex boyfriend. She claims she likes him but doesn't know if she actually wants to date but she just wants to see where it goes and he wants to date her.
We've all been good friends for awhile now and my ex and I ended up hooking up (bad idea). It actually really hurts me to have the idea of them dating and she knows that. She said she feels awful for feeling that way but she doesn't know and she's confused.
She knows all of how I feel about it but I couldn't just upfront say I don't want you to date just cause he's my ex sorta thing cause it sounds selfish? But I don't know what to do cause if it does happen its gonna kill (not totally over him). I want her to be happy with someone but out of all the people him? Any advice on what to do?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah but out of all the guys in the world. Why is she bothering jeopardizing your friendship over it , if it isn't something worthwhile pursuing for her then maybe she should let it be? Depends what she values more. Just be direct with her without being upset or angry and clarify your feelings toward it then let her do what she wants. From that point it's up to you to decide if you could live with them seeing each other and being around you.

Best of luck xx

What Guys Said 3

• It's not her fault, those things just happen and it was really nice of her to tell you. She could just have tried without warning you. If he wants to date her I think this means that he wants nothing with you anymore and you must move on.

• It's your ex, you have nothing to do with him, and she can't control who she likes and who she doesn't, it just happens.
    Let it be.

• Let it be.

What Girls Said 3

• Girl code is a myth. Just let it be.

• Let it be.

• I would say it to her!
    If she is your friend she will understand it.
    I think it's kinda rude what she's doing because she is your friend and know how you suffered..