Ex boyfriend texting about getting back together?

So three days ago I texted my ex boyfriend about a joint cell phone bill. The conversation actually didn't start out to well. However it ended turning into something I didn't expect. He started asking me all kinds of questions like "what I wanted" and what things would be like if we got back together. I was completely surprised. He was talking about how things would "take work" but that we had to look at things as the "glass half full". The conversation end with him saying "I'm soo glad we are one the same page" and he said he would text me the next day. Well he didn't end up texting me the next day until right at midnight to wish me a happy new year. We did text for a while today about just day to day stuff. I'm happy that we had that conversation but I'm not sure what to do from here. I don't want to push him but I would really like to be with him. Should just give him some time?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• The worse idea that people have is tryin revive a failed relationships, and its always the same song and dance, "we talked about what we both needed to change, and how much work we have to put in" blah blah blah. It was the holiday season he was lonely he was reminiscing on what he lost, thinking on the what ifs many feel that way during the end of the year with the fears of being alone... it soons fades when you realize that you broke up for a reason and for as much as people pretend a person is unlikely to change, also a relationship isn't about changing who you are its embracing the other person because you compliment yourself very well. In other words: getting back together? Bad idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that is is Good-bye forever, my love. And with an "EX" that marks his X in your soft spot, Pgsmyf, there is usually motive in mind many times for them to just start talking out of the blue About-----Something I didn't expect.
    Don't wear your heart so quick on your sleeve here, dear. He Never Initiated Anything Until you started in with a bill, then his own free will With----What things would be like if we got back together.
    The way I see it from where I am sitting, when he said he would 'Text me the next day,' he Didn't, probably because he may have had other plans for New Years Eve and didn't want to break them to make plans for you... the reason for the 'Wish me a happy new year' at the stroke of 12 and not feeling he was obligated a minute before Nor a minute After.
    And Now that it's a new year and with This, 'Just day to day stuff,' he may have had a change of heart about 'How things would take work' and Not really want to 'Work' anything out as far as Reuniting but staying friends right now.
    Whatever High the other day he was on the other day before the ball came down the other nite from the sky, it seems it has fizzled a little and that for Now----Glass half full.
    Make plans to get together and just talk things out. If he is Still "I'm soo glad we are on the same page" then tell him you would like to take it slow to make sure everything is koshore and you both are Sure this time. Nurse and nurture the newfound relationship and don't rush into anything until everything is what it should be.
    However, if he mentions a Friends with benefit factor, which many times happens with an Ex couple, then it's your choice to either tell him you want more or give him the boot, close the chapter to this no fairy tale book and consider it something where "No use in crying over spilled milk' in the new year now.
    Good luck. xx