GUYS! Help! What does my ex mean? Do I take it at face value or is he playing a game?

We were together for 5 years, had just bought a house. The fighting got kind of out of control near the end. He doesn't communicate well so I had no idea where it was going, until it happened. Then one more fight and he lowered the boom and we were done. We both had some issues to work on but he will still say me being me is what caused this... says that I made all the mistakes. He hasn't taken any responsibility for the demise of our relationship. He is still really angry with me but will still say I love you but not sure im still in love with you. Then will say I can't say we will be apart forever... but we aren't getting back together now or in the near future. Also, he wants to me move out completely now. he's 36 and I know he isn't with anyone else. He seems to be just taking some guy time. We both wanted kids and a future. Now I don't know if I should wait without letting him know... orrr just move on. He's always got to be the one calling the shots. Im confused and still so hurt. Can any of you guys help me out here... what does he mean? Is he just dangling a carrot so he doesn't completely sever ties with me? :( Any advice would be appreciated.

01

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know enough to be able to give you super deep advice... But i know this... it takes two to tango so it is probably not all on you. That said you can't control him, but you can control you. So perhaps you need to take a step back and think about what it is that you could have done differently and can do differently in the future. Hopefully he will do the same.

I would also suggest that the two of you go to counseling. I mean if this relationship is that important to you, how hard would it be to find a counselor and spend an hour or two to at least see if it will help. Maybe it will, and maybe it will take more time than an hour or two (I suspect it will) but in the beginning that is not a huge commitment considering you have been together for five years. It is worth considering before you just throw in the towel. I am sorry this has happened. I wish you well!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE